The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed the new Hillview flyover along Upper Bukit Timah Road, and will open the new flyover on 27 December 2015 at 8am.
2. With this opening, motorists travelling along Upper Bukit Timah Road can use this new dual two-lanes flyover when they are heading to Woodlands from the City, and vice versa. This alternative route will thereby redistribute traffic from the existing at-grade junctions at Dairy Farm Road and Hillview Road.
3. Motorists heading towards Dairy Farm Road, Hillview Road and Jalan Asas are advised to continue to use the at-grade roads to reach their destinations.
4. Please refer to the Annex for the location plan. Motorists are advised to drive carefully and follow the directional signs.
Enhancements to Upper Bukit Timah/Woodlands Road Corridor
5. In 2010, LTA announced the construction of two new flyovers and works to widen parts of Upper Bukit Timah Road and Woodlands Road to improve overall traffic flow this road corridor.
6. To minimise disruption to residents and motorists, LTA dovetailed the road works to the construction of the Downtown Line 2 stations and tunnels.
7. With the enhancement of this key arterial road corridor serving the north-western part of Singapore, motorists travelling to and from Bukit Panjang and Choa Chu Kang residential estates as well as the Kranji and Mandai industrial estates will enjoy a better transport experience.