1. Fancy a trip down memory lane, a chance to drive a bus simulator and experience the future of the Singapore Public Bus Industry? The Past, Present and Future of the Singapore Public Bus industry will come together at the inaugural Bus Carnival.
2. This year is the beginning of a brand new chapter for the Singapore public bus industry, as we will be transiting to a new contracting model. With bus contracting, the Government will be able to respond more expeditiously to commuters’ needs and changes in ridership. Commuters can expect more reliable services, shorter waiting times and more comfortable rides. The Singapore Bus carnival celebrates this milestone by giving the public a glimpse into the illustrious past of the industry and a peek into what’s to come.
3. The public can catch all the action over three weekends (Friday to Sundays) from 11 March to 3 April 2016. The details are:
Bus Carnival @ Ngee Ann City, Civic Plaza : 11 – 13 March 2016 (Fri – Sun)
Bus Carnival @ VivoCity, Outdoor Plaza : 25 – 27 March 2016 (Fri – Sun)
Bus Carnival @ Toa Payoh, HDB Hub : 1 – 3 April 2016 (Fri – Sun)
4. The festivities will be divided into three zones – Past, Present and Future – and games and fun-filled activities await the whole family. Visitors can look out for updates on activities and performances on our social media channels - Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving, Instagram:@LTAsg and Twitter : LTAsg
5. Step back in time as you head into the Past Zone. From bus models that chronicle the evolution of the public buses in Singapore to artefacts of the yesteryear such as bus tickets and bus guides, the past zone will take you back in time to experience and learn how our bus infrastructure has changed. Members of the public can also try their hands at folding bus tickets into heart-shaped origamis, a popular past time during bus rides. The must-see of this zone - a vintage bus, straight from the 1960s.
Artefacts galore await visitors
6. Interested in a job in the bustling bus industry? The Present Zone has got you covered. Head down to the People zone to gain an insight into the careers in the bus industry and have a chat with representatives from our friendly Public Transport Operators to find out the challenges and perks of their jobs. You could also be a bus captain for a day by trying your hand at manoeuvring a bus through traffic – hold your horses – from the comfort of the bus simulator.
Get behind the wheel of the Bus Simulator
Photo courtesy of SMRT
7. What does the future have in store for the bus industry? Check out our colourful panels on new initiatives that the Land Transport Authority is embarking on such as e-paper displays for bus arrival information and the latest mobile applications to simplify your daily commute. A big reveal is also in store for all visitors – Would it be Bright Red or Lush Green? Look out for our new unified bus livery colour at the carnival.
8. So what are you waiting for? Come join us on Our Bus Journey. Board with Us, Ride the Future.
 The Bus Carnival will be open from 11am to 8pm on the stated days except 11 March where it will be opened from noon to 8pm.