Motorists Will Enjoy Direct Connections
Between Seletar Aerospace Park, Yio Chu Kang Road and the Expressway Network
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed the Seletar Aerospace Flyover and its surrounding road connections and is pleased to announce that the new roads will open at 5am on Saturday, 16 May 2015.
Direct connections to the Expressways
2. The Seletar Aerospace Flyover is a dual 3-lane interchange that provides direct connections to the Central Expressway (CTE), Seletar Expressway (SLE) and Tampines Expressway (TPE), as well as Jalan Kayu. The project includes new roads connecting the flyover to the surrounding road network.
3. Area residents can look forward to direct connections to the TPE using the new dual 3-lane Sengkang West Road. Previously, motorists from Yio Chu Kang Road had to use the one-lane Jalan Kayu to reach the expressway network. With the opening of Sengkang West Road, traffic conditions along Jalan Kayu are expected to improve.
4. The new Seletar Aerospace Flyover will also enable motorists going to Seletar Aerospace Park (SAP) to connect directly from the expressway using Seletar Aerospace Way.
5. Works to build the Seletar Aerospace Flyover across the TPE and six viaducts connecting the new slip roads began in the second quarter of 2011. With three lanes in each direction, the new interchange will have the capacity to support future developments in SAP and the Sengkang West Industrial area.
6. Please refer to the Annex for full details of the new road network.
Improving road connectivity to the northern parts of Singapore
7. Since 2012, LTA has been carrying out several road improvement projects to improve the connectivity between Yishun Town and the expressway network. Yishun Avenue 8, a new alternative road link serving motorists travelling from Yishun to the CTE was completed and opened in January 2015; Seletar West Link has also been widened to dual 3-lanes.
8. Works to expand the existing interchange connecting the CTE, TPE and SLE with Seletar West Link is on track to be completed by the end of 2015.
More information on road changes
9. With the changes to the road network, motorists are advised to plan their routes in advance and follow the traffic signs on site to help them navigate to their destinations. To help motorists familiarise themselves with the new network, LTA has produced a series of 6 videos showing the different routes they can take when using the road network around the Seletar Aerospace Flyover. Lamp post banners along the roads in the area will inform motorists about the new road network. The public can refer to maps that will be published in the newspapers before the opening of the road network. More information on the road network changes is also available on the LTA home page (www.lta.gov.sg) and on the LTA’s Youtube channel (@LTASingapore).