Shenton Way-Chinatown ERP cordon to be extended to part of Marina Bay from 21 February
1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed its quarterly review of traffic conditions on Electronic Road Pricing (ERP)-priced roads and expressways. Based on this review, there will be no change to the ERP rates.
2. The next ERP review will take place in May 2011 for the 2nd Quarterly ERP Rate Review.
Extension of Shenton Way-Chinatown cordon to part of Marina Bay
3. As announced in January 2010, with the completion and operation of new developments such as the Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) in the Marina Bay area, the LTA will be adjusting the Shenton Way - Chinatown ERP cordon to include these new developments as part of the larger Central Business District.
4. To facilitate this adjustment, the existing gantry along Central Boulevard will be removed. Two new gantries - one along the road from Maxwell Road leading to Central Boulevard and the other along Marina Station Road leading into Central Boulevard - will be turned on to operate as part of the Shenton Way - Chinatown cordon.
5. A third gantry will operate along westbound Bayfront Avenue, and together with the existing gantry along eastbound Bayfront Avenue, will operate as part of the Singapore River Line ERP gantries.
6. These adjustments will take place from Monday, 21 February 2011.The new gantries will follow the prevailing rates and operating hours for the existing Shenton Way - Chinatown cordon and the Singapore River Line respectively.
7. Please refer to Annex A for the locations of the three ERP gantries.