Arising from recent fire incidents associated with motorised Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs) that are not certified to the UL2272 standard, all owners of non-UL2272 PMDs are strongly encouraged to dispose of their non-UL2272 devices at designated disposal points as soon as possible.
From 23 September 2019 to 31 March 2020, owners of non-UL2272 devices can dispose of their devices at designated disposal points set up by LTA-appointed e-waste recyclers across HDB estates or at LTA’s Sin Ming Office, at no cost.
Dispose of non-UL2272 PMDs only at designated disposal points
For safety reasons, non-UL2272 PMD owners must only discard their non-UL2272 devices at LTA-designated disposal points. E-waste recyclers appointed by LTA are trained and equipped to ensure the disposal of PMDs and the recycling of any reusable materials and components are carried out safely.
Time-limited early disposal incentive
To encourage owners of non-UL2272 e-scooters to dispose their devices early, those with registered e-scooters may qualify for a time-limited $100 early disposal incentive per e-scooter if the devices are disposed at the designated disposal points from 23 September to 30 November 2019.
- be registered with LTA;
- be affixed with both the Registration Mark and Identification Mark;
- the Registration Mark affixed on the e-scooter is not tampered with or otherwise display the word “void” on the Registration Mark. If the Registration Mark is damaged due to wear and tear, at least one legible character on the Registration Mark must match the corresponding character on the Identification Mark; and
- be disposed of at any of these designated disposal points (PDF, 388kb) by 30 November 2019.
The applicant must also:
- be the registered owner recorded in LTA’s register of e-scooters; and
- maintain a valid bank account number in Singapore for crediting the early disposal incentive
To be eligible for this incentive, e-scooter owners will need to log in to their SingPass or CorpPass account and submit an online application at www.onemotoring.com.sg for the disposal of their devices.
1LTA reserves the sole right and discretion to decide on the eligibility of any applicant and registered e-scooter for the early disposal incentive
How to dispose of your PMD
If your e-scooter is registered with LTA:
- Log in to www.onemotoring.com.sg with your SingPass/CorpPass.
- On the dashboard, at the “Your vehicles” section, click on the tab of your e-scooter registration number and click on “E-scooter Disposal”.
- Complete the online application form for E-scooter Disposal. You will receive a confirmation SMS on your mobile phone upon completing the online application.
- Bring the confirmation SMS, your NRIC and your e-scooter to any designated disposal points (PDF, 388kb). You will receive the $100 incentive within 2 weeks after disposal of your e-scooter, if your e-scooter meets the eligibility criteria.
If your PMD is not registered with LTA:
- From 23 September 2019 to 31 March 2020, you can dispose of your PMD(s) at any of these designated disposal points (PDF, 388kb).