Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Extended Special Relief Fund (ESRF) under the Second Tranche Point-to-Point Support Package (PPSP2)
(a) Taxi drivers
1. I am a taxi driver. How will I know if I qualify for Government’s contribution to the ESRF?
All existing main hirers will be eligible to receive the ESRF through their taxi companies.
2. I was formerly a PHC driver who had switched over to driving taxi. Am I eligible for the relief?
To be eligible for ESRF:
i. you must be the main hirer during the period; and
ii. continue driving taxi during the period of assistance.
You will not be eligible to receive the ESRF under PHC if you are receiving it for taxi drivers.
3. I am a relief taxi driver. How do I benefit from the ESRF?
The payment for ESRF will be given to the main hirer. Main hirers are encouraged to share the amount received with their relief drivers. This is the same approach adopted during earlier SRF and decided in consultation with industry partners. For further clarifications, you may approach your taxi company.
4. What can I do if the main taxi hirer is not willing to share the ESRF amount with the relief driver?
Main hirers are encouraged to share the amount received with their relief drivers. Please approach your taxi company for assistance with regard to any disputes.
5. I am a yellow top taxi driver. How do I receive the payment from ESRF?
Similar to earlier SRF under the first tranche of the PPSP, LTA will contact the yellow top owners directly on the disbursement process.
6. What is the period of ESRF for taxis?
The ESRF for taxis will be from 14 May 2020 to 25 September 2020 (inclusive).
(b) PHC drivers
7. I am a PHC driver. How will I know if I qualify for Government’s contribution to the ESRF?
All existing PHC drivers who qualified for earlier SRF under the first tranche of PPSP will qualify for the ESRF under the second tranche of PPSP.
Other PHC drivers who have completed an average of at least 200 trips per month from the period Oct 2019 to Jan 2020 (inclusive) or completed 200 trips in Jan 2020 can also qualify for the ESRF.
Eligible drivers who auto-qualify will be informed by the PHC operators of their eligibility and are required to nominate a PHC operator for disbursement of ESRF.
8. Earlier, I was informed by the PHC operator that I do not qualify for the Special Relief Fund as my monthly trips count was below the qualifying threshold. I think the data is inaccurate. What should I do?
LTA has worked with the operators (Go-Jek, Grab, Ryde and TADA) to aggregate trip data for PHC drivers across all of the above platforms. Should you have further concerns about your trips count, you may clarify with your operator(s) directly.
9. I do not meet the criteria as I also provide limousine services to a niche market. Can these trips be counted?
The Special Relief Fund intends to help drivers who have provided P2P services for the masses prior to the COVID-19 situation defray business costs. Hence, private arrangements or P2P trips for the niche market will not count towards the number of trips for the eligibility assessment.
10. Why are Grab-Hitch trips not counted towards my trip count even though I hold a PDVL?
The Special Relief Fund intends to help drivers who have provided P2P services for the masses prior to heightened travel restrictions on 1 Feb. Social carpooling trips e.g. Grab-Hitch, which are on a cost recovery basis will not be counted.
11. If I am driving for multiple PHC operators, would it affect my eligibility?
It will not affect your eligibility. However, you can apply for and receive the ESRF through only one nominated operator (Grab, Gojek or Ryde).
Multiple nominations may delay or void the payment.
12. I am a PHC driver sharing a vehicle with one or more PHC driver who is eligible for ESRF. Will I need to share the ESRF quantum?
If you are eligible based on the ESRF criteria, your ESRF quantum will be prorated according to the number of ESRF eligible shared vehicle drivers during Jan 2020. For example if there are 2 eligible shared vehicle drivers, each driver will be entitled to half the relief quantum each from the Government i.e. $150/month.
If there are 3 eligible shared vehicle drivers, each driver will be entitled to one-third the relief quantum each from the Government i.e. $100/month.
13. I always use different rental vehicles for providing P2P services. Will my monthly trips counts be affected?
All trips of an individual driver will be aggregated across all vehicles and platforms.
14. What is the period of ESRF for PHCs?
The ESRF for PHCs will be from 31 May 2020 to 12 October 2020 (inclusive).
15. I am a PHC driver. I have not received any notification that I am eligible for the ESRF. Why?
If you have not received a notification, you are not eligible based on the trip information that we have aggregated across the platforms. You may review your eligibility for the ESRF based on the eligibility criteria published on LTA’s website.
16. I do not have my trip information to help me review if I meet the eligibility criteria for the ESRF. What can I do?
Should you have further clarification about your trips count, you may want to contact your operator(s) directly.
17. I am a PHC driver and I think I am eligible for the ESRF but did not receive any notifications from my operators. What do I do?
If you meet the eligibility criteria, you may appeal through http://go.gov.sg/srf-appeal which is available from 8 May 2020 to 30 June 2020.
18. I am a PHC driver and was not eligible for the earlier SRF. I have already received financial assistance from the Government-NTUC Driver Care Fund (DCF). Can I still qualify for the ESRF?
You will be eligible for the ESRF as long as you meet the eligibility criteria. You may review your eligibility for the ESRF based on the eligibility criteria published on LTA’s website.
19. I am a PHC driver and was not eligible for the earlier SRF. I had then applied and received Driver Care Fund (DCF) administered by NTUC. Recently, the PHC operators notified me that I am eligible for the ESRF. Can I still fill in the nomination form sent to me?
Yes, you may proceed to fill in the nomination form for ESRF as long as you have been notified by the PHC operators.
20. Can I collect Special Relief Fund payment from Government directly?
All eligible drivers should receive the relief from their respective taxi companies or PHC operators which have signed on as disbursement partners, unless otherwise notified.
21. Will the Special Relief Fund be extended further?
As the situation is evolving, the Government will continue to monitor the impact of COVID-19 on the P2P industry before deciding or implementing new measures.