In February 2020, the Point-to-Point Support Package (PPSP) was introduced to provide targeted assistance to the Point-to-Point (P2P) sector and its drivers to help them through COVID-19 by way of a Special Relief Fund. The PPSP was enhanced from 26 March 2020 under the second Point-to-Point-Support Package (PPSP2) through an Extended Special Relief Fund (ESRF), and further extended from 26 September 2020 under the third Point-to-Point Support Package (PPSP3).
Point-to-Point Support Package (PPSP)
Point-to-Point Support Package 1 (PPSP1)
The Government, together with the taxi and PHC operators and driver associations launched a $77 million Point-to-Point Support Package (PPSP) to help taxi and PHC drivers affected by the coronavirus disease 2019 outbreak.
PPSP comprised the following two components for drivers:
- $73 million Special Relief Fund (SRF) to help active full-time taxi and PHC drivers defray business cost. Eligible active full-time taxi and PHC drivers could receive up to $20 per vehicle per day for three months (from 14 February 2020 for taxi main hirers and from 2 March 2020 for PHC drivers); and
- Government and NTUC Driver Care Fund for drivers who may not have qualified for the Special Relief Fund but still required financial assistance
For operators, we waived license fees of P2P Operators for three months and deferred the implementation of the new P2P regulatory regime to September 2020.
Point-to-Point Support Package 2 (PPSP2)
In view of the continued COVID-19 situation, the Government announced a second tranche of assistance measures under the Point-to-Point-Support Package (PPSP2), from:
- 14 May 2020 to 25 September 2020 (inclusive) for taxi main hirers; and
- 31 May 2020 to 12 October 2020 (inclusive) for Private Hire Car (PHC) drivers.
Point-to-Point Support Package 3 (PPSP3)
In view of the continued COVID-19 situation, the Government announced the extension of ESRF for an additional six (6) months, from:
- 26 September 2020 to 24 March 2021 (inclusive) for taxi main hirers; and
- 13 October 2020 to 10 April 2021 (inclusive) for Private Hire Car (PHC) drivers.