- Code of Practice for Railway Protection (PDF, 3.5mb) shares with you the submission procedures and technical requirements for the approval of development and building proposals and engineering work plans. Guidelines for instrumentation and requirements for the permit to commence works within railway protection zone are also included.
Codes of Practice, Standards, Specifications, Guides & Forms
Codes of Practice
Guides & Handbooks
- Guide to Carrying Out Restricted Activities within Railway Protection and Safety Zones (PDF, 2.7mb) Refer to this guide for safety provisions to be adopted when carrying out restricted activities in railway protection and safety zones, and requirements for obtaining LTA’s permission to carry out such activities.
- Guide for Carrying Out Modification Work to Rapid Transit System (RTS) Stations or Railway by Private Developer (PDF, 1.8mb) This guide offers additional guidance to private developers, qualified person, builders and any parties, who intend to carry out development and building works which involve modification to existing RTS structures, facilities and systems, but are not familiar with the regulatory requirements, processes and procedures with some basic information on how to approach, plan, design, construct and implement the requirements.
- Handbook on Development & Building Works in Railway Protection Zone (PDF, 10.7mb) consists of the technical requirements in the Code of Practice for Railway Protection and safety considerations when carrying out development and building works in a railway protection zone.
- Application Forms for Restricted Activities
- LTA DBC RAIL-S1 Application For Permission to Carry Out Trench and Pit Excavation Within Railway Protection Zone (PDF, 101kb)
- LTA DBC RAIL-S2 Application For Permission to Erect Temporary Sheds/Tents/Shelters Within Railway Protection Zone (PDF, 106kb)
- LTA DBC RAIL-S3 Certification of Setting Out Works within 1st Reserve of the Rapit Transit System (PDF, 25kb)
- LTA DBC RAIL_Permit: Application for Permit to Carry out Building Works/Engineering Works (PDF, 59kb)
- Undertaking to Supervise Machinery Operation within Railway Protection & Safety Zones (PDF, 224kb)
- Certification of Supervision for Instrument Installation in Trainway (PDF, 302kb)