Development or building works that take place within a railway corridor or railway protection zone are governed by a set of standards, procedures and conditions.
- Code of Practice for Railway Protection (PDF, 3.6mb)
Submission procedures and technical requirements for the approval of development and building proposals and engineering work plans. Guidelines for instrumentation and requirements for the permit to commence works within railway protection zone are also included.
- Handbook on Development & Building Works in Railway Protection Zone (PDF, 10.9mb)
Technical requirements in the Code of Practice for Railway Protection and safety considerations when carrying out development and building works in a railway protection zone.
- Guide to Carrying Out Restricted Activities within Railway Protection and Safety Zones (PDF, 2.7mb)
Safety provisions to be adopted when carrying out restricted activities in railway protection and safety zones, and requirements for obtaining LTA’s permission to carry out such activities.
- Circular for Building Works and Restricted Activities in Railway Zones
Developments on building works and restricted activities in railway zones.
- Pre-Consultation Clinic for Building Works & Restricted Activities in Railway Protection Zone
Schedule an appointment with a Development, Building and Construction officer for consultation on rail-related building activities.
- Application Forms for Restricted Activities
- LTA DBC RAIL-S1 Application For Permission to Carry Out Trench and Pit Excavation Within Railway Protection Zone (PDF, 101kb)
- LTA DBC RAIL-S2 Application For Permission To Erect Temporary Sheds/Tents/Shelters Within Railway Protection Zone (PDF, 106kb)
- LTA DBC RAIL-S3 Certification of Setting Out Works within 1st Reserve of the Rapid Transit System (PDF, 25kb)
- LTA DBC RAIL_PERMIT: Application for Permit to Carry out Building Works/ Engineering Works (PDF, 59kb)
- Undertaking to Supervise Machinery Operation within Railway Protection & Safety Zones (PDF, 224kb)