- Code of Practice on Street Works Proposals relating to Development Works (Version 2.0, Apr 2019) (PDF, 20.9mb) introduces the technical requirements, standards and specifications to aid the design of development layout with regards to proposed street works, as well as the engineering design and construction of proposed street works.
- Code of Practice for Works on Public Streets (PDF, 1.3mb) outlines the procedures and requirements for carrying out works on public streets.
- Code of Practice for Traffic Control at Work Zone (PDF, 1.9mb) provides a comprehensive guide on the planning and operations of temporary traffic control in a work zone.
Codes of Practice, Standards, Specifications, Guides & Forms
Codes of Practice
Standards & Specifications
- Standard Details of Road Elements (2014) - (Revision C - APR 2019) (PDF, 878kb) sets standards and guidelines for common road elements such as drains, kerbs and pavements as a reference for road construction.
- Civil Design Criteria (Revision A2, Sep 2019) (PDF, 3.2mb) contains the requirements for the design and detailing of all Civil Engineering Works for the Land Transport Authority.
- Materials and Workmanship Specifications (Revision A1, Jun 2010) (PDF, 5.1mb) sets out the basic standard for the quality of materials and workmanship required by the Land Transport Authority.
- Architectural Standards
There are several standards that we use to develop and design our road and rail systems.
- GIS Data Hub Data Collection Specifications (Version 2.5)
Find out about the standards and quality of as-constructed Geographic Information System (GIS) data for all road features forming the GIS Data Hub. Also includes supporting files such as symbology and font files required for proper display of road inventory symbols.
- Transport Impact Assessment (TIA) Guidelines for Developments (PDF, 4.6mb) assists developers and transport professionals who are engaged by outlining the requirements and the level of details required for TIA studies. With effect from 2 January 2018 onwards, it replaces the Guidelines for Preparation of Traffic Impact Assessment Reports.
- Guidebook on Lodgement of Development Submissions (PDF, 1.7mb) highlights the essential points needed for a quality lodgement application for Development Control (DC) layout and street plan proposals.
- Guide to Carrying Out Engineering Works Within Road Structure Safety Zone and Engineering Activities on Land Adjoining Public Streets (PDF, 1.4mb), discusses submission procedures and technical requirements for carrying out engineering works within a road structure safety zone and engineering activities on land adjoining public streets.
- Guidelines for Placing Skips on Public Streets (PDF, 280kb) provides the necessary requirements for the proper placement of skips along public roads to ensure safety and minimise obstructions and inconvenience to road users.
- Guidelines for Placing Skips on Public Streets (Brochure) (PDF, 326kb)
- Technical Requirements for Temporary Directional Signs & Application Form (PDF, 710kb) lists guidelines for temporary directional signs that lead to show flats of new developments.
- Guidelines for the Display of Vertical Banners on Public Street Lamp Posts (DOC, 1.4mb) lists guidelines on displaying on vertical banners for national events, major festivals and events supported or organised by a relevant government agency.
- Authorisation of Security Officers to Regulate Traffic for Road Works
- Guidelines on Obtaining Permit to Work on Public Streets (PDF, 1.5mb)
- E-learning Programme for Submission of Development Control Proposals for Landed Houses to Development & Building Control Division (PPT, 17mb) provides details on access points, plan presentation, development frontage and common areas.
Forms & Checklists
Form - Road Data Form (DOC, 85kb)
Form - Banker's Guarantee Template (DOC, 35kb)
Form - Reduced Banker’s Guarantee Template (DOC, 33kb)
Form - Certificate of Supervision (DOC, 34kb)
TIA Processing at Pre-Scoping Stage Checklist (DOC, 791kb)
Transport Improvement Measures Checklist (DOC, 18kb)
Diversion Checklist (PDF, 301kb)