1) The Land Transport Authority (LTA) opened a new licence application cycle for bicycle-sharing services on 22 July 2020.
2) For this round, LTA will be accepting applications for Type 2 (sandbox) bicycle licences for bicycle-sharing services, and applications for fleet size increases from existing licensees. Applications must be submitted by 26 August 2020, 6pm using the application forms below.
3) When evaluating applications, LTA will take into consideration the following factors:
a) The applicant’s plans to manage indiscriminate parking, including user education on proper parking behaviour;
b) Ability to maintain healthy fleet utilisation rates, including managing overall demand for its bicycle-sharing service and the availability of parking spaces; and
c) Overall track record including whether there were previous instances of regulatory contraventions.
4) Under LTA’s licensing framework, successful applicants which are granted Type 2 (sandbox) bicycle licences for bicycle-sharing services will be allowed to operate in public places for one year.
5) Type 2 (sandbox) bicycle licensees that demonstrate their ability to manage indiscriminate parking well, comply with regulatory requirements and ensure good utilisation rates will have the opportunity to obtain a full licence subsequently and grow their fleet over time.
- Type 2 (sandbox) Bicycle Licence (PDF, 342KB)
- Increase in Maximum Allowable Fleet Size (for Type 1 (full) Bicycle Licence) (PDF, 242KB)
Payment Methods (PDF, 90KB)