1) The Land Transport Authority (LTA) opened a new licence application cycle for bicycle-sharing services on 16 January 2020.
2) For this round, LTA will be accepting applications for sandbox licences for bicycle-sharing services, and applications for fleet size increases from existing licensees. Applications must be submitted by 24 February 2020, 6pm using the application forms below.
3) When evaluating applications, LTA will take into consideration the following factors:
a) The applicant’s plans to manage indiscriminate parking, including user education on proper parking behaviour;
b) Ability to maintain healthy fleet utilisation rates, including managing overall demand for its bicycle-sharing service and the availability of parking spaces;
c) Overall track record including whether there were previous instances of regulatory contraventions.
4) Under LTA’s licensing framework, successful applicants which are granted sandbox licences for bicycle-sharing services will be allowed to operate in public spaces for one year.
5) Sandbox licensees that demonstrate their ability to manage indiscriminate parking well, comply with regulatory requirements and ensure good utilisation rates will have the opportunity to obtain a full licence subsequently and grow their fleet over time.