1. From Monday, 28 October 2013, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will implement bus lanes along Sembawang Road between Yishun Avenue 7 and Yishun Avenue 5.
2. The bus lanes will operate during peak hours from 7.30am to 9.30am and 5pm to 8pm on weekdays.
3. LTA will announce the implementation dates for the other stretches progressively. Please refer to Annex A for the location of the new bus lanes.
4. The extension of the bus lane scheme is part of overall efforts to improve reliability and speeds of buses en-route, so that commuters can experience more regular waiting times and lesser journey times. Since the last bus lane expansion programme in 2008, LTA has observed speed improvements of up to 7% along bus lanes.
5. For more information on how the bus lane scheme works, please refer to http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/roads-and-motoring/road-safety-and-regulations/road-regulations.html