Construction works for these two stations to commence first quarter of 2014 and scheduled to complete by 2020.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded two civil contracts, T208 and T212 with a total value of around S$757 million.
Scope of Contracts
2. The construction of Springleaf station and its associated tunnels (T208) has been awarded to Leighton Contractors (Asia) Limited (Singapore Branch) – John Holland Pty Ltd Joint Venture (JV) at a contract sum of S$383 million. Leighton Contractors offer a full suite of engineering, construction and mining services across Asia and John Holland delivers contracting, engineering and services solutions to various sectors. The JV is currently working on the construction of Downtown Line 3’s Jalan Besar station.
3. Contract T212 for the construction of Upper Thomson station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Sato Kogyo (S) Pte. Ltd at a contract sum of S$374 million. Sato Kogyo (S) Pte. Ltd is experienced in a broad spectrum of construction projects, ranging from industrial facilities, commercial buildings and institutional landmarks to roads, viaducts, bridges, rail infrastructures and tunnels. It is currently working on a number of Downtown Line projects, including the construction of Downtown Line 3’s Mattar, Bencoolen and Bedok North stations.
4. Construction works for contracts T208 and T212 are expected to start by the first quarter of 2014. These two Thomson Line stations are scheduled to complete in 2020.
5. When completed, both stations will connect the northern and central parts of Singapore through North-South Line’s Woodlands interchange, Circle Line’s Caldecott interchange and Downtown Line’s Stevens interchange to bring commuters to the rest of the rail network, bringing further convenience and connectivity to those working and residing in Woodlands and Thomson areas.
6. With the award of contracts T208 and T212, a total of nine civil contracts have been awarded for the construction of Thomson Line at the total sum of S$2.65 billion.
About Thomson Line
7. The 30-km long Thomson Line will enhance rail connectivity in the north-south corridors to the Central Business District (CBD) and developments in the Marina Bay area. Fully underground, Thomson Line comprises 22 stations, including six interchange stations: Woodlands, Caldecott, Stevens, Orchard, Outram Park and Marina Bay. These interchange stations will link to the North-South-East-West Line (NSEWL), Downtown Line (DTL), North-East Line (NEL) and Circle Line (CCL), providing greater accessibility and significantly improve travel time for commuters.