The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded two civil contracts, T202 and T217 with a total value of around S$526 million.
Scope of Contracts
2. Contract T202 for the construction of Woodlands North station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd at a contract sum of S$337 million. Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd is an established contractor in Japan who had completed several infrastructure and building projects in Japan and overseas, including Singapore. They were previously involved in the construction of East-West Line’s Expo station and North-South Line’s Yew Tee and Kranji stations. Penta-Ocean Construction Co Ltd is currently involved in the construction of Downtown Line 3’s Bendemeer station.
3. Contract T217 for the construction of Napier station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Sinohydro Corporation Ltd. (Singapore Branch) at a contract sum of S$189 million. Sinohydro Corporation is a construction and hydropower engineering company. It engages in international infrastructure projects such as hydroelectric dams, power plants, road and rail including the construction of Guangzhou Subway (Line 2) and Tianjin Subway (Line 2).
4. Construction works for contracts T202 and T217 are expected to start by the first quarter of 2014. Woodlands North and Napier stations are scheduled to complete in 2019 and 2021 respectively.
5. When completed, both stations will connect the northern and central parts of Singapore through North-South Line’s Woodlands interchange, Circle Line’s Caldecott interchange and Downtown Line’s Stevens interchange to bring commuters to the rest of the rail network, bringing further convenience and connectivity to those working and residing in Woodlands, Thomson and Orchard areas.
About Thomson Line
6. The 30-km long Thomson Line will enhance rail connectivity in the north-south corridors to the Central Business District (CBD) and developments in the Marina Bay area. Fully underground, Thomson Line comprises 22 stations, including six interchange stations: Woodlands, Caldecott, Stevens, Orchard, Outram Park and Marina Bay. These interchange stations will link to the North-South-East-West Line (NSEWL), Downtown Line (DTL), North-East Line (NEL) and Circle Line (CCL), providing greater accessibility and significantly improve travel time for commuters.