- With the opening of the new Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) from 9am on Sunday, 29 December 2013, motorists are reminded to take note of the following key changes, and make adjustments to their travelling routes, if needed.
- Firstly, motorists travelling between the KPE / ECP and the AYE should use the MCE, as it will serve as the main expressway connecting traffic travelling between the east and the west.
- Secondly, motorists travelling between AYE / ECP / KPE and the CBD can use the MCE to connect directly via Marina Boulevard and Central Boulevard. Depending on their destinations, motorists can also use other arterial roads.
- Thirdly, with the ECP ending west of Benjamin Sheares Bridge, motorist can continue to use the new arterial road, Sheares Avenue, to enter the CBD from ECP.
Changes to ERP gantries when MCE opens
- As announced in May 2013, with the opening of MCE, LTA will adjust some of the existing ERP gantries on ECP as well as along the Shenton Way-Chinatown cordon to ensure that developments in the future Marina Downtown continue to be within the CBD and to manage traffic demand along key routes into and out of the CBD.
- Motorists will not be unduly affected by these adjustments as there will be no changes in ERP charges or operating hours. Motorists will continue to pay the same prevailing ERP rates during operating hours when they use MCE or ECP to enter the CBD when MCE opens.
- Motorists can refer to the LTA home page for more information on the key changes.