1. From today, some one million users of the Land Transport Authority’s portal for motoring-related information, ONE.MOTORING (http://www.onemotoring.com.sg) can look forward to a more dynamic website with metro-style navigation for a more focused user experience. The web portal’s revamp is aimed at improving the site’s interface to make information even more accessible, and is part of a continuous effort to maintain ONE.MOTORING’s vision as the gateway to all motoring needs.
2. Based on an annual customer satisfaction survey conducted in 2012 with 8000 participants, 65 percent of users expressed a desire to have a portal revamp. LTA also organised feedback sessions with motor dealers and motor association members to gather opinions on how the new portal should be designed.
3. Through the customer satisfaction survey and feedback sessions, our customers gave feedback that they wanted the site to be more organised with clearer classification of content, and have a more interesting and modern design.
4. LTA has incorporated our users’ feedback by implementing metro-style navigation into the new site with more intuitive icons and descriptions to make for a livelier and more focused surfing experience. The revamped site is also tablet-friendly and smartphone-friendly for users on the move.
5. Based on the different needs of our users, content on the portal has also now been prioritised and organised into five main “intents” – drive, buy, sell, maintain and participate. It’s hoped that this approach, which streamlines content and menu options into these five new “intents”, will make it easier for users to find information according to their different needs:
Drive – This section provides useful information to help drivers plan their journey before they hit the road. Here, information such as car sharing, traffic alerts on on-going road projects, traffic camera images, and parking lot availability help make travelling smoother for our motorists.
Buy – This is a one stop information booth for current and potential vehicle buyers and owners. Here, users can find information on vehicle related issues such as vehicle number bidding, COE rebates as well as calculating road tax and fuel charges for vehicles.
Sell – Looking to sell your car? This is where drivers looking to change or sell their vehicle can find important information and guidelines on the transferring of ownership and de-registration of a vehicle. A motoring directory and classifieds section are also made available here as a value-added service.
Maintain – Basic guidelines to maintain a vehicle are available for drivers on subjects such as vehicle modification and inspection. eServices which drivers may need in the course of vehicle use (e.g. payment for road tax renewal; enquiries and payment of fines and fees) are also available here.
Participate – Watch out for events and promotions island-wide. Enjoy exclusive members-only privileges when you sign up as a “Happenings Lifestyle” member and even stand a chance to win attractive prizes.
6. Last revamped in July 2009, ONE.MOTORING emerged tops with the highest accolade, the Outstanding Award, at the Singapore Government Web Excellence Awards 2010.
7. Today, ONE.MOTORING has one million visitors every month and page views of 15 million per month, on average.