The Land Transport Authority will construct a new dual-two lane flyover at the intersection of West Coast Highway and Jalan Buroh (Buroh Circus).
2. As part of this project, LTA will also widen West Coast Highway and West Coast Road between Pandan Garden and Pandan Crescent.
3. When completed, the flyover will relieve the existing traffic congestion experienced at the road intersection. It will provide traffic heading to and from the city along West Coast Highway and West Coast Road with a direct link across the intersection. These enhancements will also add traffic capacity and improve the overall traffic flow along West Coast Highway, Jalan Buroh and West Coast Road.
4. To meet the anticipated increase in traffic demand due to new developments in the western sector, LTA has been improving the overall road network along the entire West Coast Road corridor progressively. In 2011, LTA completed the construction of a flyover at the junction of West Coast Highway and Clementi Road, as well as improved the traffic junction at Clementi Road. LTA has also recently announced the widening of Pasir Panjang Road and West Coast Road between South Buona Vista Road and West Coast Link. These road improvements will improve traffic capacity and flow. At the same time, it will also facilitate smoother movements for buses.
5. LTA has called the tender for the project. The construction works are expected to begin in the 4th Quarter 2013 and complete by 1st Quarter 2017. LTA will work closely with the appointed contractors to ensure that any inconvenience to the public will be kept to a minimum during the construction.
6. Please refer to Annex A for the location plan.