1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded Contract T205 for the construction of Woodlands South station to Woh Hup (Private) Limited for a contract sum of approximately $144 million.
2. Scheduled to complete in 2019, Woodlands South station will enhance the connectivity for residents in the Woodlands South area, as well as students from the Singapore Sports School, Christ Church and Woodgrove Secondary Schools.
3. Established in 1927, Woh Hup (Private) Limited is one of Singapore’s leading construction and civil engineering specialist with more than eighty years of experience in the building industry. They were previously involved in several Circle Line projects, including the construction of Dhoby Ghaut, Bras Basah, Holland Village and Buona Vista stations. Construction works are expected to start later this year.
4. When completed, commuters heading to Gardens by the Bay will enjoy time savings of 25 minutes as their direct train ride will take only 45 minutes.
About Thomson Line
5. The 30-km long Thomson Line will enhance rail connectivity in the north-south corridors to the Central Business District (CBD) and developments in the Marina Bay area. Fully underground, Thomson Line comprises 22 stations, including six interchange stations: Woodlands, Caldecott, Stevens, Orchard, Outram Park and Marina Bay. These interchange stations will link to the North-South-East-West Line (NSEWL), Downtown Line (DTL) and North-East Line (NEL) and Circle Line (CCL), providing greater accessibility and significantly improve travel time for commuters.