1. A series of road closures affecting the Marina Centre area will take place from 18 September 2013 to 24 September 2013 to facilitate the setting up and dismantling of the race infrastructure.
2. Affected roads will be closed from 0001hrs, 18 September (Wednesday) to facilitate the set up of race infrastructure. When the race is completed, affected roads will reopen progressively and all roads will be fully accessible by 0530hrs, 24 September (Tuesday) onwards.
Roads Open during Traffic Peak Hours
3. To allow traffic accessing the area, road corridors will be opened at selected hours during the six-day closure period. This year, motorists can make use of the road opening along the corridor of Collyer Quay, St Andrew’s Road and Stamford Road during the morning peak hours from Wednesday (18 September) to Friday (20 September).
4. To summarise, motorists will be able to use the following roads:
Wednesday to Friday (18-20 September), from 5.30am to 9.30am
a) Orchard bound corridor: Collyer Quay, St Andrew’s Road and Stamford Road
b) CBD bound corridor: Nicoll Highway and Esplanade Drive
c) CBD bound corridor: Republic Avenue, Republic Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue
Saturday (21 September), from 5.30am to 9.30am
d) CBD bound corridor: Nicoll Highway and Esplanade Drive
Monday (23 September), from 5.30am to 9.30am
e) CBD bound corridor: Nicoll Highway and Esplanade Drive
f) CBD and Airport bound corridor: Bras Basah Road, Raffles Boulevard, Bayfront Avenue, Republic Avenue and Republic Boulevard
Monday (23 September), from 5pm to 8.30pm
g) CBD bound corridor: Nicoll Highway and Esplanade Drive
h) CBD and Airport bound corridor: Bras Basah Road, Raffles Boulevard, Bayfront Avenue, Republic Avenue and Republic Boulevard
i) Orchard and Kallang bound corridor: Collyer Quay, Esplanade Drive, Stamford Road and Nicoll Highway
Single-Lane Access into Marina Centre Area
5. Members of public are encouraged to use the public transport during the road closure period. For those who wish to drive, they can access the developments and shopping centres in the Marina Centre area through a single-lane road from Nicoll Highway and Temasek Boulevard at the following times:
- Wednesday to Friday (18-20 September), from 10am to 5pm and from 10pm to 6am
- Saturday and Sunday (21-22 September), from Midnight to 1pm
- Monday (23 September), from 10am to 5pm and from 10pm to 6am
6. Besides the single-lane road, motorists can also enter Marina Centre area via Temasek Boulevard from Rochor Road (after exiting ECP) throughout the day.
7. To ensure smooth traffic flow, traffic wardens will be deployed on site to direct traffic and assist the public. Road information and directional signs will also be put up in the vicinity to direct motorists.
8. Suntec City, Millenia Singapore and Marina Square car parks remain open, subject to availability.
9. Please refer to Annex A for more details of roads that will be affected by the road closures and the different ways of entering Marina Bay.
Non Operation of ERP Gantries during Race Week
10. As the ERP gantries may interfere with sensitive video transmission equipment used for the race, the following ERP gantries that are within the proximity of the race circuit will not be in operation. Vehicles going under these gantries during the specified dates and time will not be charged:
Non Operation Dates and Time
New Bridge Road
19 September (Thursday) & 20 September (Friday) between 6pm and 7pm
South Bridge Road
ECP (eastbound) from Ophir Road
19 September (Thursday) & 20 September (Friday) between 6pm and 8pm
19 September (Thursday) & 20 September (Friday) between 12pm and 8pm