1. Five new Peak Period Short Services (PPSS), designed to alleviate crowding, reduce waiting times and improve reliability of feeder services during peak hours, will begin operations in the next two months. The implementation dates for the five PPSS are:
- 30 December 2014 : Service 285P in Clementi;
- 6 January 2015 : Service 265P in Ang Mo Kio;
- 13 January 2015 : Service 903P in Woodlands;
- 20 January 2015 : Service 811P in Yishun; and
- 20 January 2015 : Service 812P in Yishun.
2. These five PPSS will overlay existing Feeder Bus Services 285, 265, 903, 811 and 812 to connect residents to nearby bus interchanges and/or MRT stations. With the introduction of these services, a total of 14 PPSS would have been implemented by January 2015.
3. All five PPSS will operate at least five trips per hour during morning and evening peak periods, excluding public holidays. More trips may be added based on the demand for these services.
4. Bus-Plus Services will operate 4 of the services, i.e. Services 285P, 265P, 811P and 812P.
5. Service 285P will commence operation from 30 December 2014. Starting from Clementi Bus Interchange, the service will ply Clementi Avenue 3, Clementi Avenue 2, and loop at West Coast Road before returning to Clementi Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.00am to 8.00am on weekday mornings and from 5.15pm to 7.15pm on weekday evenings.
6. Service 265P will start operation on 6 January 2014. It will begin from Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange and ply Ang Mo Kio Avenue 8, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 5, Ang Mo Kio Street 53, Ang Mo Kio Street 52, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 10 and Ang Mo Kio Street 54 before making its way back to Ang Mo Kio Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.00am to 8.00am on weekday mornings and from 5.00pm to 7.00pm on weekday evenings.
7. Both Service 811P and Service 812P will begin operations on 20 January and will serve Yishun residents. Service 811P will start from Yishun Bus Interchange and ply Yishun Avenue 2, Yishun Avenue 3, Yishun Ring Road, Yishun Avenue 4, Yishun Street 81 before looping at Yishun Avenue 1 and heading back to Yishun Bus Interchange. Service 811P will operate from 6.00am to 8.00am on weekday mornings and from 6.00pm to 8.00pm on weekday evenings.
8. Service 812P will start off from Yishun Bus Interchange and ply Yishun Avenue 2 and Yishun Ring Road before looping at Yishun Avenue 2 / 3. It will then head back to Yishun Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.15am to 8.15am on weekday mornings and from 5.15pm to 7.15pm on weekday evenings.
9. Rui Feng Chartered Pte Ltd will be operating the remaining PPSS - Service 903P - from 13 January 2015. The service will start from Woodlands Bus Interchange and ply Woodlands Avenue 2, Riverside Road, Marsiling Road, Marsiling Lane and Marsiling Drive before heading back to Woodlands Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.00am to 8.00am on weekday mornings and from 5.30pm to 8.00pm on weekday evenings.
10. The five PPSS will charge distance fares, similar to the feeder services that they overlay on.
11. This initiative is in line with the Ministry of Transport’s announcement at the Committee of Supply 2013 to tap on the resources of Private Bus Operators to operate short bus routes to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators, to provide commuters with additional options to get to major transport nodes.
Annex: Posters of the five Peak Period Short Services