2 December 2014 – As part of the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), two new bus services – Services 41 and 140 – will be launched from Sunday, 14 December 2014, while existing Service 35 will be extended with effect from Monday, 15 December 2014. The details are:
New Service 41: Jurong East Bus Interchange to Jalan Anak Bukit
New Service 140: Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal to St Wilfred Road
Extended Service 35: Bedok Bus Interchange to Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS)
- A new loop service between Jurong East Bus Interchange and Jalan Anak Bukit, Service 41, will ply Jurong Gateway Road, Jurong East Central, Toh Guan Road, Toh Guan Road East, Toh Tuck Link, Toh Tuck Avenue, Toh Tuck Road, Jalan Jurong Kechil, Jalan Anak Bukit and Upper Bukit Timah Road.
- Service 41 will connect residents in Jurong East, Toh Tuck and Upper Bukit Timah Road to key transport nodes at Jurong East Bus Interchange and Jurong East MRT Station, for transfers to other bus services or rail lines.
- In addition, it will enhance inter-town connectivity by providing residents with convenient access to key amenities such as Pei Hwa Presbyterian Primary School, Ng Teng Fong General Hospital and Jurong Community Hospital, Bukit Timah Community Centre, Bukit Timah Market, Toh Guan Industrial Estate and shopping malls such as JCube, Jem, Westgate and Bukit Timah Plaza.
- Operating daily from 5.45am to 11.45pm, Service 41 is the 34th bus service to be rolled out under BSEP.
- New Service 140 will provide better connectivity for commuters travelling between Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal and St Wilfred Road.
- The 35th bus service to be introduced under BSEP, Service 140 will ply Lorong 1 Geylang, Upper Boon Keng Road, Geylang Bahru, Bendemeer Road, Boon Keng Road, Serangoon Road, St George’s Road and St Wilfred Road.
- Service 140 will enhance the connectivity to St George’s Estate, as well as to key transport nodes such as Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal, Kallang and Boon Keng MRT Stations. It will also provide commuters with convenient access to key amenities including markets in Bendemeer, Geylang Bahru and Upper Boon Keng, Geylang West and Kolam Ayer Community Centres and schools such as Bendemeer Primary and Bendemeer Secondary.
- The service will operate daily from 6.00am to 11.30pm.
- Service 35 currently operates from Bedok Bus Interchange and loops at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. To enhance connectivity to the Airport Logistics Park of Singapore (ALPS) and support the ALPS working community’s commuting needs, LTA has worked with the estate’s developer JTC Corporation (JTC) to extend Service 35 to ply Bedok North Drive, New Upper Changi Road, Upper Changi Road East, Xilin Avenue, Tanah Merah Ferry Road, Changi Coast Road and ALPS Avenue. Within ALPS, JTC will be adding two bus stops by early 2015, in addition to the existing three stops along ALPS Avenue.
- The 36th bus service under BSEP, the extended service will improve the connectivity between ALPS and the East-West Line MRT via Bedok and Tanah Merah Stations. It will operate on weekdays from 6.00am to 7.30pm and on Saturdays from 6.00am to 3.00pm.
- At the same time, the existing Service 35 between Bedok Bus Interchange and Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal will be renumbered as Service 35M, and operate on weekdays from 7.45pm to 11.15pm, on Saturdays from 3.15pm to 11.15pm and on Sundays / Public Holidays from 6.00am to 11.15pm.
- Please refer to the attached posters for more details.