Construction works for these four stations to commence second quarter of 2014 and scheduled to complete by 2021.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has awarded four civil contracts, T218, T220, T222 and T225 with a total value of around S$1.13 billion.
Scope of Contracts
- The construction of Orchard Boulevard station (T218) has been awarded to KTC Civil Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd at a contract sum of approximately S$143 million. KTC Civil Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd is a construction company established in Singapore since 1988. KTC Civil Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd has undertaken numerous civil engineering projects such as transit projects, road works projects, bus depot, expressways and earthwork projects in Singapore. KTC Civil Engineering & Construction Pte Ltd is currently involved in the construction of Downtown Line 3’s Tampines Station.
- Contract T220 for the construction of Great World station and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Tiong Seng Contractor (Pte) Ltd – Dongah Geological Engineering Co., Ltd (Singapore Branch) Joint Venture for a contract sum of approximately S$316 million. Tiong Seng Contractor (Pte) Ltd is one of the leading building construction and civil engineering contractors in Singapore established since 1964. Tiong Seng Contractor (Pte) Ltd has undertaken numerous civil engineering projects such as Jurong Pier Flyover and Kim Chuan Link Sewer. Tiong Seng Contractor (Pte) Ltd is currently involved in the construction of Downtown Line 2’s Hillview and Cashew Stations. Their joint venture partner, Dongah Geological Engineering Co., Ltd (Singapore Branch) is a Korean construction company set up in 1971. They have been involved in several LTA projects such as the Marina Coastal Expressway and Downtown Line as specialist contractors.
- The construction of Outram Park station (T222) and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd at a contract sum of approximately S$301 million. Daelim Industrial Co. Ltd (Daelim) is a Korean company established in 1939. As one of the top construction and engineering companies in Korea, Daelim has undertaken numerous subways and high speed railway projects in Korea, e.g. Daegu Metropolitan Railway, Seoul Subway and Honam High-Speed Railway. Daelim was also part of the joint venture involved in the design and construction of Marina Coastal Expressway.
- Outram Park station will be an interchange station connecting the Thomson Line with the East-West and North East Lines, allowing commuters to enjoy connectivity between the northern, central, eastern and western parts of Singapore.
- The construction of Shenton Way station (T225) and its associated tunnels has been awarded to Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co., Ltd at a contract sum of approximately S$368 million. Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co., Ltd is a China company with extensive experience in transit projects in Singapore. They are currently involved in a number of LTA’s projects including the design and construction of Newton station and associated tunnels for Downtown Line 2, the construction of tunnels between Tampines East station and Upper Changi station for Downtown Line 3 and the construction of Gul Circle station and viaducts for Tuas West Extension.
About Thomson Line
- The 30-km long Thomson Line will enhance rail connectivity in the north-south corridors to the Central Business District (CBD) and developments in the Marina Bay area. Fully underground, Thomson Line comprises 22 stations, including six interchange stations: Woodlands, Caldecott, Stevens, Orchard, Outram Park and Marina Bay. These interchange stations will link to the North-South-East-West Line (NSEWL), Downtown Line (DTL), North-East Line (NEL) and Circle Line (CCL), providing greater accessibility and significantly improve travel time for commuters.