1. Five new Peak Period Short Services (PPSS), designed to alleviate crowding, reduce waiting times and improve reliability during peak hours, will begin operations from June 2014. The implementation dates for the five PPSS are:
a. 10 June 2014 : Service 358P in Pasir Ris;
b. 10 June 2014 : Service 359P in Pasir Ris;
c. 24 June 2014 : Service 291P in Tampines;
d. 24 June 2014 : Service 293P in Tampines; and
e. 30 June 2014 : Service 307P in Choa Chu Kang
2. These five PPSS will overlay existing Feeder Bus Services 291, 293, 307, 358 and 359 to connect residents to nearby bus interchanges and/or MRT stations. With the introduction of these services, nine PPSS would have been implemented by June 2014.
3. All five PPSS will operate at least five trips per hour during morning and evening peak periods, excluding public holidays. More trips may be added based on the demand for these services.
4. Service 358P will commence operation from 10 June 2014. Operated by Travel GSH Pte Ltd, it will start from Pasir Ris Bus Interchange and ply Pasir Ris Drive 3, Pasir Ris Drive 6, Pasir Ris Drive 1, Pasir Ris Drive 4 and Pasir Ris Street 41 before returning to Pasir Ris Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.30am to 8.00am during weekday mornings and from 6.00pm to 7.30pm on weekday evenings.
5. On the same day on 10 June 2014, Loh Gim Chong Transport will start Service 359P from Pasir Ris Bus Interchange. The service will ply Pasir Ris Central, Pasir Ris Street 51, Pasir Ris Drive 1 and Pasir Ris Street 11 before making a loop back to Pasir Ris Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.30am to 8.30am during weekday mornings and from 5.15pm to 7.15pm on weekday evenings.
Travel GSH Pte Ltd will also be operating Services 291P and 293P from 24 June 2014. Service 291P will start from Tampines Bus Interchange and ply Tampines Avenue 7, Tampines Street 21, Tampines Street 23, Tampines Street 32 and Tampines Street 33 before heading back to Tampines Bus Interchange. The service will operate from 6.30am to 8.30am during weekday mornings and from 5.30pm to 7.30pm on weekday evenings.
6. Service 293P will start from Tampines Bus Interchange and ply along Tampines Avenue 7, Tampines Street 41, Tampines Avenue 9, Tampines Street 45, Tampines Street 42 and Tampines Street 43 before returning to Tampines Bus Interchange. Service 293P will operate from 6.30am to 8.30am during weekday mornings and from 5.00pm to 7.00pm on weekday evenings.
7. Woodlands Transport Service Pte Ltd will operate Service 307P. The service, which will start operation on 30 June 2014, will operate from Choa Chu Kang MRT Station and ply Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, Choa Chu Kang Drive, Choa Chu Kang North 5 and Choa Chu Kang North 6 enroute to Yew Tee MRT Station. The service will loop at Choa Chu Kang Street 62 before heading back to Choa Chu Kang MRT Station. The service will operate from 6.15am to 8.15am during weekday mornings and from 5.15pm to 7.15pm on weekday evenings
8. The five PPSS will charge distance fares, similar to the feeder services that they overlay on.
9. This initiative is in line with the Ministry of Transport’s announcement at the Committee of Supply 2013 to tap on the resources of Private Bus Operators to operate short bus routes to augment the resources of the Public Transport Operators, to provide commuters with additional options to get to major transport nodes.