LTA Completes Widening of Pan-Island Expressway
between Clementi Avenue 6 and Adam Road
1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed the widening of the Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) between Clementi Avenue 6 and Adam Road.
2. Works to widen the 5.8km stretch of PIE started in July 2011. Besides adding one lane to both sides of the expressway, the project also included the structural expansion of the existing Eng Neo, Chantek and Anak Bukit Flyovers. Please refer to the Annex for the location map showing the widened lanes on the PIE.
3. As the main expressway link for traffic between the eastern and western ends of the island, the widened PIE will improve travel experience especially for motorists living in the western part of Singapore. Congestion is expected to ease, especially during morning and evening peak hours.
4. The widened portions have been progressively opened to traffic since July 2013.
Enhancement to PIE slip road between Bukit Batok East Avenue 3 and Clementi Avenue 6
5. Besides widening the PIE between Clementi Avenue 6 and Adam Road, LTA is also enhancing another stretch of PIE between Clementi Avenue 6 and Bukit Batok East Avenue 3.
6. LTA is currently constructing a pair of flyovers to provide dedicated access to traffic exiting PIE (east bound) to Clementi Avenue 6, and traffic entering PIE (west bound) from Clementi Avenue 6. Similarly, traffic entering PIE (east bound) from Bukit Batok East Avenue 3 and traffic exiting PIE (west bound) to Bukit Batok East Avenue 3 can use the connecting slip roads exclusively.
7. The new arrangement will improve overall connectivity for traffic entering and exiting the expressway by eliminating vehicles criss-crossing at the slip roads. It will also smoothen traffic conditions on the main expressway. The enhancement project is expected to complete by end 2015.