1. As part of the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), one new bus service will be introduced and one existing bus service will be enhanced with effect from Sunday, 14 September 2014 to better serve commuters’ travel needs. These are:
• a. New Bus Service 324 and;
• b. Enhancement of existing Bus Service 139 with the implementation of Supplementary Bus Service 139M.
2. A new loop service – Service 324 – will operate from Hougang Central Bus Interchange and ply Upper Serangoon Road/ Crescent/ View. This is the 31st bus service launched under the BSEP.
3. Besides linking residents to Hougang MRT and Bus Interchange, the new service will also provide access for commuters to amenities such as Hougang Mall, Kang Kar Mall and Cheng San Public Library, as well as three schools – Holy Innocents’ High, Serangoon Secondary and CHIJ (Our Lady of the Nativity).
4. This service will operate from 5.45am to 12.30am daily.
5. A new supplementary bus service – Service 139M – will be introduced to supplement Service 139 between Toa Payoh Bus Interchange and Jalan Bahagia.
6. Service 139M will inject more trips to reduce waiting time and increase capacity provision for commuters travelling to and from Toa Payoh Bus Interchange/ MRT station and St. Michael’s estate. In addition, it will provide connectivity to amenities such as HDB Hub, Toa Payoh Town Park, Sun Yat Sen Nanyang Memorial Hall, Home Team NS – JOM@Balestier and Whampoa Community Club.
7. This service will operate from 5.35am to 11.00pm on weekdays and from 5.45am to 11.00pm on weekends and public holidays.
8. Please refer to the attached posters for more details.