Motorists will enjoy a more direct connection between MCE and the city centre
1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed the new roads in Marina South and will open them from 5am on Sunday, 28 September 2014.
More direct connection between MCE and the City
2. The opening of the new roads will provide a more direct connection between the Marina Coastal Expressway (MCE) and various parts of the city centre, including the Tanjong Pagar and Marina Bay areas.
Tanjong Pagar area
3. Motorists travelling from the Tanjong Pagar area (Anson Road, Maxwell Road and Shenton Way) can make use of a new direct connection from Maxwell Road to get onto the MCE towards KPE and ECP. The existing slip road from MCE Exit 1 will also be realigned to Maxwell Road. A stretch of slip road between Maxwell Road and Central Boulevard will also be expunged.
Marina Bay area
4. For motorists travelling from MCE Exits 2 and 3 towards Shenton Way and Bayfront Avenue, they can expect a smoother connection with the straightening of Central Boulevard. As part of the road changes, Bayfront Avenue will be extended to the Marina Bay MRT station to provide better connectivity.
Bus route changes
5. With the changes to the road network, bus services 106, 133, 400 and 402 will be re-routed. The existing bus stop (no. 03531) along Central Boulevard (towards MCE) in front of Marina Bay Financial Centre will be removed. The four affected bus services calling at this bus stop will re-routed to bus stop (no. 03391) along Marina Boulevard.
6. In the opposite direction, two bus stops (no. 03539 and no. 03319), located along Central Boulevard (towards Shenton Way) and Marina Station Road respectively, will be removed. Bus service numbers 97, 106, 133, 400, 402, 502 and 513 which currently call at these bus stops will now stop at a new bus stop located after the junction of Central Boulevard and Bayfront Avenue.
7. Please refer to the Annex for full details of the road network changes.
More information on road changes
8. With these changes, motorists are advised to follow the signs on site to help them navigate to their destinations. Motorists should also plan their routes in advance. To help motorists, LTA has produced a series of videos showing the different routes motorists can take when using the road network in Marina South. Motorists can also refer to maps that will be published in the newspapers before the opening of the road network. More information on the road network changes is also available on the LTA home page (http://www.lta.gov.sg) and on the LTA’s Youtube channel (@LTASingapore).