To facilitate flyover works, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will temporarily divert the slip road from Clementi Avenue 6 which joins PIE (westbound). This temporary traffic diversion scheme will take into effect on 1 February 2015 until the second quarter of 2015.
2. To facilitate traffic entering from Clementi Avenue 6 onto PIE (westbound), the third lane of PIE will be converted to serve as a dedicated slip road. This slip road will continue as lane 3 of PIE (westbound) downstream.
3. Please refer the Annex for more information on the diversion plans. Motorists are advised to drive carefully and follow the directional signs.
About the PIE widening project
4. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is constructing a pair of new flyovers to improve traffic flow along the stretch of PIE between Bukit Batok East Avenue 3 and Clementi Avenue 6. When completed in the fourth quarter of 2015, the flyovers will provide dedicated access for traffic exiting PIE (eastbound) to Clementi Avenue 6 and traffic entering PIE (westbound) from Clementi Avenue 6.
5. In addition to the new flyovers, connecting slip roads are being constructed to exclusively serve traffic entering PIE (eastbound) from Bukit Batok Avenue 3 and traffic exiting PIE (westbound) to Bukit Batok East Avenue 3.
6. The new traffic arrangement will help to smooth traffic during peak hours on the stretch of expressway between Bukit Batok East Avenue 3 and Clementi Avenue 6 as motorists will not have to weave through traffic at the slip roads. Motorists can look forward to an improved traffic flow along the PIE when all the road improvement works are completed.