1. Have you ever wondered what goes on behind-the-scenes of our buses and trains every day? Head down to Dhoby Ghaut MRT Station now for a glimpse into the intricate world of our Land Transport professionals and appreciate the work that goes into building and maintaining Singapore’s land transport system, through the lens of 30 talented photographers.
2. Jointly organised by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) and Canon Singapore, the “Those Who Move Us” photo exhibition will feature photographs from three photography sessions held at Soon Lee Bus Depot, Thomson East-Coast Line (TEL), and Downtown Line 2 (DTL2) in July 2015.
3. Commuters will also be able to catch a selection of the exhibition at City Hall MRT Station and selected bus stops island-wide from 15 Oct and Bedok Integrated Transport Hub from 29 Oct. The entire “Those Who Move Us” collection will also be featured on LTA’s social media platforms1, including our brand new Instagram page (@LTAsg), where the public stand to win $50 CapitaLand vouchers, by sharing their thoughts on their favourite photos. 202 lucky winners, with the most meaningful comments, will be picked weekly between 11 Oct to 25 Oct. Please refer to Annex A for some of the featured photographs.
Those Who Move Us
4. The photography sessions were held at Soon Lee Bus Depot, Thomson East-Coast Line (TEL), and Downtown Line 2 (DTL2) in July 2015 and each session was attended by 10 photographers. The 30 photographers were chosen from 76 participants, who took part in a Canon photo competition in July.
5. During the sessions, the photographers were given a tour of the location and a professional photographer was present to offer photography tips to the participants. The photographer with the best photographs from each session won a Canon DSLR camera.
The winners are:
(i) Soon Lee Bus Depot - Mohamed Aljufri Bin Mohamed Hazhar, 24, Freelance Photographer
(ii) Thomson East-Coast Line - Chan Wai Meng, 44, Staff Engineer
(iii) Downtown Line 2 - Wisnu Haryo Yudhanto, 43, Freelance Photographer
Said Freelancer Photographer, Wisnu Haryo Yudhanto, 44, “Every time I travel on the MRT, I have always wondered about the process behind this transportation system. After seeing the process, I feel more respect to all the unsung heroes in our public transport system.”
1 More information can be found on our social media plaforms :
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving
- Instagram: @LTAsg
2 10 winners from each platform (Facebook and Instagram) will be picked for the prizes.