Free Preview of 12 Stations and Six Rail Trails at the Open House on 5 December
1. Never been to a trick art museum, or craving to visit again? When was the last time you played a game of jengga, charades, or pinball – all widely popular before the smart phone era came about? Want to relive those good old memories? Now, you can enjoy all these and more, at the Downtown Line 2 (DTL2) Open House on Saturday 5 December 2015, from 10am to 6pm.
2. Aside from participating in these fun-filled activities at the DTL2 Open House, the public will get a free preview of the 12 new DTL2 stations, ahead of the commencement of passenger service on 27 December 2015. Come and familiarise yourself with the new station layout and the surrounding facilities and amenities of the stations. For motorists, why not give your car a break and try out the DTL2? You can experience for yourself how easy it is to get to your favourite destination by train. With 118 stations and 23 MRT interchanges, getting to most, if not all, corners of Singapore is a breeze!
Get onboard the Rail Trail
3. The Open House promises an exhilarating line-up of activities at six themed stations - Rochor, Little India, Newton, Botanic Gardens, Beauty World and the Bukit Panjang stations. The theme of these six stations’ programmes revolves around the unique attractions of their respective localities. For example, Newton station centres on delectable food, while Botanic Gardens station focuses on its rich history and heritage. Six other stations – Stevens, Tan Kah Kee, Sixth Avenue, King Albert Park, Hillview and Cashew stations will have activities on a smaller scale.
Get up close with celebrities
4. Cosy up to your favourite celebrities at the Open House all in one day! Get ready to be mesmerised by our star-studded pool of emcees as you rub shoulders with all-time favourite comedians such as Irene Ang, Chua Enlai, Alaric Tay and Suhaimi Yusof! Fervent radio listeners who adore DJs like Glenn Ong and Wen Hong will be thrilled to learn that these DJs will also be at the Open House! What’s more, glimpse a different side of these celebrities as they play “dress up” according to the theme of each station – a chic Indian lady decked out in a gorgeous sari ensemble, the distinguished Sir Stamford Raffles exuding a nobleman charm, etc. Head on down to the DTL2 Open House to catch all the action!
Rail Trail Stamp Rally
5. Ready, get set, go! The stamp rally guarantees you a good workout like never before! Get your adrenaline pumping in no time as you zip your way to the different stations along the DTL2. Participate in any of the activities at each station and earn a stamp. Complete the stamp rally and redeem a limited-edition gift. It’s that simple! Prizes are while stock lasts only so zip your way down early to the stations!
Come take a selfie with our thoughtful characters
6. Have a blast with characters from the past at the Open House! Get ready your cameras as these delightful characters such as the Samsui Women, Kacang Putih Man, ‘Ketupat and Satay’ man, Bhangra Dancers and many more make their rounds at the DTL2 stations. In addition, our merry band of Thoughtful characters will make their debut at the DTL2 stations in life size, to revel in the celebrations of the DTL2 and remind us all to be thoughtful in our daily commutes. Grab the opportunity for that selfie moment you have always been dreaming of!
Trick Art Magic
7. Indulge in some fun with larger-than-life 3D installations and wall murals that blur the lines between what’s real and what’s not! Strike a pose with gigantic stationery, go on a fancy flight on a bird and more – check out the DTL2 stations for a complete trick art extravaganza.
Family Fun all day!
8. Kiddie Rides, anyone? The DTL2 Open House has something for everyone in the family! Besides exciting kiddie rides, children can get some real action with DIY craft sessions where they can have family fun with mummy and daddy and get to bring home their masterpieces afterwards! Parents can enjoy captivating stage performances and games.
Attractive Prizes to be Won
9. There are also exciting online contests where you can win shopping vouchers to indulge the shopaholic in you! The “Guess Where” contest which starts on 9 November on LTA’s Facebook and Instagram will invite the public to guess a unique location along the DTL2 and share their fondest memories at that location. Those who share their most interesting memory can walk away with a $50 shopping voucher. For the latest updates on the DTL2 Open House, like us at www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving or follow us on Twitter and Instagram@LTAsg
Free Travel on Downtown Line
10. To encourage more commuters to experience the new DTL2 stations and the convenience it brings, LTA will also offer free travel on DTL (including DTL1) for six days from 27 December 2015 to 1 January 2016. Commuters only need to start and end their journey at any of the 18 DTL stations to enjoy free travel.
About Downtown Line 2
11. The 16.6km long DTL2 comprises 12 stations, including four interchange stations at Little India, Newton, Botanic Gardens and Bukit Panjang. These interchange stations will link to the North East Line, North-South Line, Circle Line and Bukit Panjang LRT respectively, giving commuters greater accessibility to the rest of the island and shorter travel time. For example, a trip from Bukit Panjang to the city centre which currently takes up to 60 minutes will be shortened by up to one-third with the DTL2. Travelling to entertainment venues and eateries in Beauty World Centre, Bukit Panjang Plaza, Coronation Plaza, Sixth Avenue and The Rail Mall will also be more convenient.
Annex A: Stations with Themed Activities and Celebrity Emcee
Annex B: Free Travel on Downtown Line poster
Annex C: Give Your Car a Break. Ride Downtown Line 2 lamp post banner
 Commuters will require fare cards to tap in and out of stations but no fare will be deducted if the entry and exit is via a DTL station.