Rediscover Your Growing Up Years Through Fun and Games
During the Open House
The rail network is not all about moving people; it is also about connecting people to places, and discovering new insights into places served by new rail lines. This is what the upcoming Downtown Line 2 (DTL2) Open House on 5 December 2015 aims to do, and more. To make it even more interesting, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) has lined up celebrities as hosts at six main DTL2 stations – to entertain, educate and inform you about the new stations.
SG Pioneers Trail @ Rochor Station
2. Head on down to Rochor station and learn from our pioneers on how they transformed Singapore into what it is today. Enjoy playing charades with celebrity Chua Enlai and rediscover some of Singapore's very own pioneers of the transport industry.
Culture Trail @ Little India Station
3. Need to visit a convenience shop, otherwise fondly known as the mama shop? Only on 5 December, come over to the Little India station, where celebrity Irene Ang has prepared some tasty convenience store activities to ensure you will be a satisfied and returning customer. Also, catch a chance to take pictures of a beautiful Indian wedding couple and the energetic Bhangra dancers.
Food Paradise Trail @ Newton Station
4. Newton station is all about food? You bet. For once, instead of you savouring the good food there, celebrity Glenn Ong invites you to whip up your signature dishes for all to savour, with the ‘Cook the Singapore Dish’ activity. As the saying goes, “food brings people together”. You can also test your memory of food with the Memory Matching Game.
History & Heritage Trail @ Botanic Gardens
5. History and heritage is to the Botanic Gardens station, as food is to the Newton station. What better way to enjoy the latest addition to the UNESCO World Heritage Site, than to trace your own heritage and history. How about also discovering the rich heritage behind the flora and fauna in Botanic Gardens? Celebrity Alaric Tay will ensure that you walk away with a treasure-trove of information by the end of the event. And who knows, you may very well catch a glimpse of another celebrity Ya Hui who will be visiting both the Botanic Gardens and Beauty World stations.
Nature & Adventure Trail @ Beauty World Station
6. No visit to the Beauty World station will ever be complete, if you do not check out the surrounding nature conservation areas, or the adventure trails therein. On 5 December, we bring nature and adventure to you, at the station! Children will get to enjoy their own adventures in the form of kiddy rides. Surely, celebrity Kelly Latimer will be a hit amongst the kids, and adults alike.
Education Wonders Trail @ Bukit Panjang Station
7. Away from history, away from nature and food – and what you get is…the educational trail, which is synonymous to the Bukit Panjang station. Alongside celebrity Suhaimi Yusof, check out the games which you used to play but are now foreign to our children – giant jengga, chalk board fun and many more games from yesteryear. Bring along your children to experience gaming in its authentic form.
8. Apart from these programmes at the aforementioned six main DTL2 stations, there will also be smaller scale programmes at the other six DTL2 stations – Stevens, Tan Kah Kee, Sixth Avenue, King Albert Park, Hillview and Cashew stations. Remember to check them out!
Be the First to See New Reserved Seats Stickers on Downtown Line Trains
9. As you enjoy your free train rides during the Open House, do watch out for the debut by our very own “Stand-Up Stacey” in the new DTL2 trains! For the first time, she will be featured on the reserved seat stickers to remind commuters to give their seats to those who need it more.
10. To top it, “Stand Up Stacey” will come alive that day as a life-sized mascot, alongside her four other Graciousness mascots – “Bag-Down Benny”, “Give-Way Glenda”, “Hush-Hush Hannah” and “Move-In Martin”. They will be moving around all the 12 new stations to meet-and-greet you, while gently reminding all to be gracious and considerate when using public transport.
Image 2: Come meet Stacey and Benny at the Open House
Attractive Prizes to be Won
11. For those heading down to the Open House, don’t forget to share your favourite moments at the Open House on Instagram! The ten most creative entries will win a set of limited edition ez-link cards with $50 value. The Instagram Contest will run on 5 Dec 2015, from 10.00 am to 11.59 pm. To qualify, participants must set their Instagram accounts to 'public' setting, tag @LTAsg and include the hashtag #DTL2OpenHouse.
12. Prizes also await those who participate in the Rail Trail Stamp Rally. Explore the stations and redeem a limited-edition gift just by completing the stamp rally. It’s that simple! Zip your way down to the stations to participate.
Use Public Transport to Get to DTL2 Open House
13. Leave your cars at home - DTL2 conveniently connects to our existing rail network at many stations which double up as interchanges. Try our new and comfortable DTL2 trains.
14. If you are coming by train, you may exit at the Botanic Gardens station (Circle Line), Newton station (North South Line) and Little India station (North East Line), and proceed to the respective DTL2 stations for the Open House.
Free Travel on Downtown Line from 27 December 2015 – 1 January 2016
15. To encourage more commuters to experience the new DTL2 stations and the convenience they bring, LTA will also offer free travel on DTL (including DTL1) for six days from 27 December 2015 to 1 January 2016. Commuters only need to start and end their journey at any of the 18 DTL stations to enjoy free travel.
About Downtown Line 2
16. The 16.6km long DTL2 comprises 12 stations, including four interchange stations at Little India, Newton, Botanic Gardens and Bukit Panjang. These interchange stations will link to the North East Line, North-South Line, Circle Line and Bukit Panjang LRT respectively, giving commuters greater accessibility to the rest of the island and shorter travel time. For example, a trip from Bukit Panjang to the city centre which currently takes up to 60 minutes will be shortened by up to one-third with the DTL2. Travelling to entertainment venues and eateries in Beauty World Centre, Bukit Panjang Plaza, Coronation Plaza, Sixth Avenue and The Rail Mall will also be more convenient.
17. For the latest updates on the DTL2 Open House, like us at
www.facebook.com/WeKeepYourWorldMoving or follow us on Twitter and Instagram @LTAsg.
Annex A: Stations with Themed Activities and Celebrity Emcees
Annex B: Sneak Peek into the Live.Downtown Magazine Featuring Downtown Line 2
 Commuters will require fare cards to tap in and out of stations but no fare will be deducted if the entry and exit is via a DTL station.