1. Commuters travelling to the city will benefit from improved connectivity with the introduction of more City Direct Services (CDS) under the Expanded Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP).
2. Residents in Marsiling / Woodlands, Pasir Ris, Tampines East / Simei, Yew Tee and Yishun will have more options for their daily commute to and from the Central Business District (CBD) during morning and evening peak periods respectively, when five new CDS are implemented progressively from the second quarter of 2015. This will bring the total number of CDS to 15. With limited stops and the use of expressways, commuters using these services would have comparable journey time to taking feeder bus or LRT and transferring to the MRT into the city.
3. The two new CDS serving Marsiling / Woodlands and Yishun will operate three one-way trips on weekday mornings from the respective housing estates towards the CBD and two return trips from the CBD in the evenings. The other three new CDS will operate two one-way trips on weekday mornings towards the CBD and two return trips from the CBD in the evenings. More trips may be added if demand for the services increases. The bus services will operate on weekday peak periods excluding public holidays. More details will be announced closer to the implementation dates.
4. LTA has called a tender to invite private bus operators to submit their cost proposals to operate the five new CDS today. The tendering process will allow the most cost-efficient operator(s) to win the rights to operate the services. Successful operator(s) will have to apply for bus service licences from the Public Transport Council (PTC), which regulates bus services.
5. The move is in line with the Ministry of Transport’s announcement at the Committee of Supply 2013 to tap on the resources of private bus operators to run CDS to augment the resources of the public transport operators.
Annex A: Five New City Direct Services Routes
 Currently, there are 10 CDS serving Jurong West, Ang Mo Kio, Bukit Batok/Hillview, Sengkang, West Coast, Sembawang, Jurong East, Eunos, Bedok and Hougang.