1. The new Yishun Integrated Transport Hub (ITH) will open by 2019. The ITH will comprise an air-conditioned bus interchange which will provide greater comfort to commuters, and an underpass linking the bus interchange to the nearby Yishun MRT station for more convenient and seamless transfers. The ITH will also be linked to a shopping mall, allowing commuters to have access to commercial and retail facilities.
2. The Yishun ITH will be the tenth ITH to be opened. The seven existing ITHs are at Ang Mo Kio, Bedok, Boon Lay, Clementi, Serangoon, Sengkang, and Toa Payoh. The Joo Koon and Bukit Panjang ITHs are scheduled to open in 2015 and 2016 respectively.
3. Like other ITHs, the Yishun ITH will be equipped with barrier-free facilities. It will also be built in accordance with the Building Construction Authority’s Green Mark Gold Plus standard, which features such as LED lighting for the concourse and bus-park/driveway areas, and a water-cooled air-conditioning system. The Yishun ITH will also have enhanced amenities for bus drivers and staff such as a larger staff lounge, dedicated staff toilets, kitchen facilities and a staff canteen.
Temporary Yishun Bus Interchange
4. To make way for construction of the new Yishun Bus Interchange on the existing site, the existing bus interchange will be temporarily relocated to an adjacent site at the junction of Yishun Central and Yishun Central 1. Operations at the temporary Yishun Bus Interchange will start on 14 March 2015.
5. With 19 public bus services operating out of the interchange, LTA will provide enhanced facilities such as a larger concourse, more commercial and retail areas, and better facilities for drivers. There are also fully sheltered connections between the bus interchange and Yishun MRT station. Temporary bus stops will be provided to continue to facilitate transfers to the Yishun MRT station.
Annex A: Location of temporary Yishun Bus Interchange
 Services operating from Yishun Bus Interchange are: SBST services 39 and 85, and SMRT services 171, 800, 803, 804, 806, 811, 812, 851, 852, 853/853C, 854, 854E, 855, 856, 857, 859, and 860. Details of changes to bus routes as a result of the move to the temporary Yishun Bus Interchange are available at www.smrt.com.sg and www.sbstransit.com.sg.