As part of the Bus Service Enhancement Programme (BSEP), two new bus services operated by SMRT Buses - Services 301 and 983 - will be launched in Choa Chu Kang on Saturday, 25 April 2015. Services 300 and 982E which serve Choa Chu Kang residents will also be amended in April. The details are:
Starting Saturday, 25 April 2015
- New feeder Service 301: Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange to Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5
- New trunk Service 983: Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange to Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5
- Amendment of feeder Service 300 to skip Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5
Starting Monday, 27 April 2015
- Service 982E to call at additional bus stops
2. New feeder Service 301 will operate from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and ply Choa Chu Kang Way, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 2 and Choa Chu Kang Avenue 3, and loop around Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 6 and Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1 before returning to Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange.
3. The service will provide commuters and residents of new Build-To-Order (BTO) flats along Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 with a direct connection to Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and MRT station. It will enhance connectivity to key amenities such as Lot 1 Shoppers’ Mall and Sunshine Place. Service 301 will operate from 5.30am to 12.55am on weekdays, and from 5.45am to 12.55am on weekends and public holidays.
4. New trunk Service 983 will be introduced to enhance connectivity within Choa Chu Kang. Plying between Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 via Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, service 983 will provide residents with an additional connection to Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange and MRT station. The new service will operate daily from 5.45am to 11.45pm.
5. Service 983 will also be extended to Bukit Panjang in the future. This is in tandem with future new developments in Choa Chu Kang and to enhance connectivity to Bukit Panjang and the upcoming Downtown Line 2.
6. Feeder Service 300 currently serves residents along Choa Chu Kang Avenues 2, 3, 4 and 5. With the introduction of feeder Service 301 and trunk Service 983, Service 300 will be amended to skip Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5.
7. Starting from Choa Chu Kang Bus Interchange, the amended Service 300 will ply Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 1, Choa Chu Kang Avenue 2, Choa Chu Kang Way and Choa Chu Kang Ave 3 before returning to the bus interchange via Choa Chu Kang Avenue 4. The amended service will continue to operate from 5.30am to 12.55am on weekdays, and from 5.45am to 12.55am on weekends and public holidays.
8. With effect from Monday, 27 April 2015, Service 982E will call at an additional pair of bus stops along Choa Chu Kang Avenue 5 to serve the upcoming developments. This will provide new residents in the area with an alternative travel option to the Central Business District (CBD) during peak periods. There is no change to the trip timings as Service 982E will continue to operate two morning trips at 7.30am and 7.45am and two evening trips at 6.15pm and 6.30pm on weekdays, excluding public holidays.
Engaging the community on bus routes
9. In planning bus services, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) works closely with the community, including grassroots advisers and leaders, and public transport operators to understand their needs. The plans for the above services were earlier endorsed by the community before LTA announced the route changes in February 2015. However, in view of residents’ additional concerns, LTA engaged the community further and took into account these concerns to ensure that these bus services would satisfy the needs of commuters, in this case to maintain a direct connection between Choa Chu Kang Ave 5 and Ave 2, to Choa Chu Kang Primary School. LTA will continue to engage the community in planning bus services taking into consideration overall journey times, connectivity, ease of transfers, ridership and bus network coverage to ensure that our bus services benefit as many commuters as possible.
10. Please refer to the attached posters for more details.