- The Land Transport Authority (LTA) celebrated the brightest stars in Singapore’s land transport industry at the fifth biennial Land Transport Excellence Awards (LTEA) held this evening at the Ritz Carlton Hotel.
- Some 26 individuals and organisations edged out stiff competition to receive the coveted awards from Mr Khaw Boon Wan, Coordinating Minister for Infrastructure and Minister for Transport. In all, the LTEA attracted more than 100 entries from corporations and individuals across various segments of the land transport industry.
- This year’s award ceremony sees the introduction of a new award category to recognise organisations that have embraced initiatives to help push for a car-lite society. The inaugural Car-lite Champion Award was presented to Deloitte Singapore, Mighty Velo, and STATS ChipPAC for their commitment towards the promotion of walking, cycling, and riding public transport.
- The Friend of Land Transport Award went to Nanyang Girls’ School (NYGH) for their passion towards the promotion of public transport. The school believes that education on sustainable mobility begins at a very young age, and has been an active advocate of sustainable mobility to young students. The NYGH students also felt such strong affinity with the Sixth Avenue Station that they had a special showcase of their art pieces in the station.
- This year, the Distinguished Contributions Award was presented to Mr Michael Lim for his astute guidance and unwavering commitment in enhancing Singapore’s land transport development. Under his stewardship as the Chairman, LTA charted a forward-looking and comprehensive set of blueprints outlining Singapore’s land transport strategies for the next 10-15 years. LTA created more connections through new rail lines and extensions, launched the Bus Service Enhancement Programme and Bus Contracting Model, and pushed for a Walk Cycle Ride Singapore.
- Please refer to the Annex for the full list of award categories and winners.
- Proceeds from the evening’s gala awards ceremony will go to the LTA Cares Fund, which reaches out to the financially and physically disadvantaged to help them with their daily transport needs.
About the Land Transport Excellence Awards (LTEA)
- The biannual Land Transport Excellence Awards (LTEA) was inaugurated in 2008 by the Land Transport Authority to recognise industry partners and individuals who have made significant contributions to Singapore land transport.
- Award recipients represent the best in their respective fields of expertise and help set new benchmarks for the industry. Through the awards, LTEA aims to create a strong Singapore brand for industry players. It is also a platform to showcase the best practices in the land transport industry.