Single-Lane Temporary Road will Serve Cars with a Height Limit of 2.4metres
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has completed a new temporary road connecting Punggol East to the Kallang-Paya Lebar Expressway (KPE), and will open the new link on 26 March 2016 at 3pm.
2. Spanning across Sungei Serangoon, the single-lane temporary road will provide a more direct link from Punggol East to the KPE. Motorists travelling from the area can use this alternative exit via Punggol East for access to the expressway network.
3. In order to maintain a smooth traffic flow, the temporary road will only serve cars with a height not exceeding 2.4 metres and an unladen weight of 2,500kg. Heavy vehicles, which exceed the height and weight limit, are not allowed to access the temporary road. and should only use Punggol Road and Punggol Way to access the expressway from Punggol Town. Motorists are advised to drive carefully and follow the directional signs on site.
4. Please refer to the Annex for the location plan of the new temporary road.
Expansion of KPE/TPE Interchange including Link Road to Punggol Central
5. The new temporary road is part of the LTA’s advance works to expand the KPE/Tampines Expressway interchange, which includes the construction of a new link road to Punggol Central. The scope of works include the construction of three new vehicular bridges crossing Sungei Serangoon and Sungei Blukar, a new flyover across TPE, along with other associated ramps and drainage works.
6. When completed in the third quarter of 2019, the new link road will provide a more direct link to and from the KPE, thereby redistributing some of the traffic from the existing access points of Punggol Town and alleviating the congestion motorists experience when entering the TPE between Punggol Way and KPE.