- The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is pleased to announce the finalised names for stations on the East Coast stretch of the Thomson-East Coast Line (TEL) and Downtown Line 3 Extension (DTL3e).
- The shortlisted names were put to a public poll in October 2015 and all the finalised station names reflect the choice of the majority who took part in the exercise.
- The finalised names of the 10 stations are:
Polling and Results
- LTA first invited the public to suggest the official names for stations on the East Coast stretch of TEL and DTL3e in April 2015. We received close to 150 suggestions. From these suggestions, two names were shortlisted for each station for public polling, based on a set of station naming criteria. The public was then invited to participate in the polling exercise in October 2015 to vote for their preferred station names. About 38,000 votes were received during the polling exercise. Results of the polling exercise were then collated. The selected names were submitted to the Street and Building Names Board (SBNB) for approval.
- In finalising the station names, LTA also consulted partnering agencies such as the National Heritage Board, Urban Redevelopment Board, Housing and Development Board, as well as the National Translation Committee’s Resource Panel for the translation and transliterations into Chinese, Malay and Tamil station names. Advisers and grassroots of the respective constituencies where these stations are located were also consulted. LTA would like to thank all participants who took part in the station naming and polling exercises.
 Station names need to fit one of several criteria: help commuters easily identify where the station is located; illustrate the history and heritage of the station’s location; and/or reflect Singapore’s multi-racial and multi-cultural identity. Stations are not to be named after public structures, or commercial and residential developments.