The State Funeral Service for the late Mr SR Nathan will be held at the University Cultural Centre (UCC), National University of Singapore (NUS) on Friday, 26 August 2016 from 3p.m. to 5p.m.
2. Prior to the State Funeral Service, the State Funeral Procession will leave the Parliament House for the University Cultural Centre at 2 p.m.
3. The following roads and lanes will be closed to facilitate the State Funeral Service during the stipulated timing:
Roads and Lanes Affected
Period of Closures
Kent Ridge Crescent (between lamp post 51/1 and Sports Drive 2)
From 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on 26 August 2016
Engineering Drive 1 (between Kent Ridge Crescent and Engineering Drive 3)
Extreme left lane of the carriageway of Clementi Road in the direction of West Coast Ferry Road (between lamp post 55A and lamp post 51/1)
Extreme right lane of the carriageway of Clementi Road in the direction of Bukit Timah Road (between lamp post 46 and lamp post 50)
4. The Funeral Service is a restricted event for invited guests only. Police will be conducting road blocks and security checks at and around the vicinity of the UCC during this period.
5. Traffic arrangements have also been made to facilitate the Procession from the Parliament House to the University Cultural Centre (please refer to the map appended for the Procession route). Traffic is expected to be heavy along the following roads from 1.45 p.m. to 2.25 p.m:-
a) Hill Street
b) North Bridge Road
c) Stamford Road
d) Esplanade Drive
e) Fullerton Road
f) Collyer Quay
g) Raffles Quay
h) Cross Street
i) Upper Cross Street
j) Havelock Road
k) Ganges Avenue
l) Alexandra Road
m) Commonwealth Avenue West
n) Commonwealth Avenue
o) Clementi Road
6. Members of the public are advised against flying any unmanned aircraft, including drones, into or within the vicinity of the UCC as well as along the State Funeral Procession route.
7. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) would like to advise and seek commuters’ understanding to expect delays in bus journeys along the affected routes where special traffic arrangements have been made to facilitate the State Funeral Procession from the Parliament House to the University Cultural Centre.
8. Eight public bus services plying the area around Parliament House will continue to be diverted until 5pm on Friday, 26 August due to road closures.
9. In addition, Service 96 and Service 151 serving the bus stops near the NUS University Cultural Centre will also be temporarily diverted from 10am to 6pm due to the closure of Kent Ridge Crescent for the State Funeral Service.
10. Please refer to the Annex for details of the affected bus services. Commuters can visit www.mytransport.sg, www.sbstransit.com.sg, www.smrt.com.sg and www.towertransit.sg for more information.
11. Police officers will be stationed at all affected road junctions to direct traffic. As traffic may be heavy within the vicinity, motorists should expect some delays and are advised to plan their travel routes early.
12. During the road closures, access will only be granted to Police and emergency vehicles. Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced. Vehicles parked illegally or causing obstruction will be towed.
13. Members of the public who have enquiries on the State Funeral Procession or the State Funeral Service can call the hotline at 6336 1166.