1. MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd (‘MyHSR Corp’) of Malaysia and SG HSR PTE LTD (‘SG HSR’) of Singapore have called a joint tender for an Assets Company (‘AssetsCo’) for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore High Speed Rail (‘HSR’) project.
2. The AssetsCo will be responsible for designing, building, financing and maintaining all rolling stock, as well as designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining all rail assets (e.g. trackwork, power, signalling and telecommunications) for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR. The AssetsCo will also coordinate the system’s network capacity for operations and maintenance needs.
3. The call for tender follows extensive preparations by MyHSR Corp and SG HSR since the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR Bilateral Agreement was signed by the Governments of Malaysia and Singapore in December 2016.
4. “The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR project is a complex and extensive transport infrastructure project for both countries, which will generate huge socio-economic benefits arising from the increased connectivity and travel efficiencies. We are delighted with the progress thus far with the submission of the Section 4 Land Acquisition Act completed, on-going Public Inspection for alignment within Malaysia, recently launched Project Delivery Partner (‘PDP’) and today’s joint tender launch of AssetsCo. We welcome all interested parties to submit their best proposal for the AssetsCo tender,” said Dato’ Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal, Chief Executive Officer of MyHSR Corp.
5. “Today marks a major milestone for this game-changing project, which will dramatically improve connectivity between Singapore and Malaysia. We are heartened by the enthusiastic response from the market for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR so far. Their feedback at the two Industry Briefings has been valuable in helping us design the parameters of the AssetsCo tender. We look forward to receiving high-quality competitive bids in the coming months,” said Mr. Rama Venkta, SG HSR Managing Director.
6. Bidders will have until 29 June 2018 (inclusive) to submit proposals to MyHSR Corp and SG HSR. A tender briefing will be held in Kuala Lumpur on 23 January 2018. Through this open, fair and transparent procurement process, MyHSR Corp and SG HSR target to jointly select a qualified bidder by the end of next year.
7. All tender submissions will be evaluated for their technical solution, commercial robustness, financial sustainability and price.
8. In particular, the tender aims to identify an AssetsCo, which will provide a solution that prioritises safety and security, availability and reliability, proven technology, operations flexibility, customer centric design, value for money, and collaborative project implementation with MyHSR Corp and SG HSR. Every bid will be assessed on its own merits. MyHSR Corp and SG HSR welcome the interest of all companies, whether they are based in Malaysia, Singapore or overseas.
About the Kuala Lumpur–Singapore HSR
The Kuala Lumpur–Singapore HSR is a strategic project between the Governments of Malaysia and Singapore that aims to facilitate seamless travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, enhance business linkages and bring the peoples of both countries closer together. The Governments of both countries signed a Bilateral Agreement on 13 December 2016, which captured the key points of agreement on the project, including the technical parameters, commercial model, customs, immigration and quarantine clearance, safety and security matters, regulatory structure and project management approach.
Eight stations are currently planned for the Kuala Lumpur–Singapore High Speed Rail (HSR): Bandar Malaysia, Bangi-Putrajaya, Seremban, Melaka, Muar, Batu Pahat and Iskandar Puteri stations in Malaysia and the Jurong East station in Singapore, with operations of the Express Service between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore targeted for commencement by 31 December 2026.
About MyHSR Corp
MyHSR Corp is a company incorporated in 2015, wholly owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated. As the Government of Malaysia’s project delivery vehicle for the Kuala Lumpur–Singapore HSR project, MyHSR Corp is responsible for the development and implementation of the project.
About SG HSR PTE. LTD.
SG HSR is Singapore’s Infrastructure Company for the Kuala Lumpur–Singapore HSR project, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Land Transport Authority. It will build, own, fund, operate and maintain the civil infrastructure in Singapore, and will also jointly appoint the Assets Company and the International Operator with MyHSR Corp, through fair, open and transparent international tenders. For more information, please visit www.sghsr.com.sg.