A Prayer Service for the late Mr Othman Bin Wok will be held at Sultan Mosque on 18 April 2017, from 1.00 p.m. to 2.00 p.m.
2. The following roads and lanes will be closed during the stipulated timing to facilitate the Prayer Service:
Roads and Lanes Affected
Period of Closures
7.00 a.m. to
3. The State-Assisted Funeral Procession will leave Sultan Mosque for Choa Chu Kang (CCK) Muslim Cemetery at 2.00 p.m. Please refer to the map appended for the Procession route.
4. Traffic arrangements have been made to facilitate the Procession. Traffic is expected to be heavy along the following roads from 2.00 p.m. to 3.00 p.m.
a) North Bridge Road
b) North Boat Quay
c) River Valley Road
d) Alexandra Road
e) Commonwealth Avenue
f) Commonwealth Avenue West
g) Clementi Avenue 6
i) Jalan Bahar
5. Members of the public are advised against flying any unmanned aircraft, including drones, into or within the vicinity of Sultan Mosque as well as along the Procession route.
6. The Land Transport Authority would like to seek motorists and bus commuters’ understanding to expect delays in their journeys along the affected routes, where special traffic arrangements have been made to facilitate the Procession from Sultan Mosque to CCK Muslim Cemetery. Members of the public are advised to plan their travel routes in advance. Police officers will be stationed at all affected road junctions to direct traffic.
7. During the road closures, access will only be granted to Police and emergency vehicles. Parking restrictions will be strictly enforced. Vehicles parked illegally or causing obstruction will be towed.