A new flyover connecting motorists from Lorong 6 Toa Payoh directly to the Braddell Underpass has been completed, and will open on Sunday, 11 June 2017 at 6am. As part of the project, a stretch of Braddell Road between Toa Payoh North Flyover and the Central Expressway (CTE), has also been widened from dual three-lanes to dual five-lanes.
2. The new flyover will allow motorists travelling from Lorong 6 Toa Payoh to connect directly to Upper Serangoon Road and Bartley Road via the Braddell Underpass, without having to join the CTE bound or Bishan Street 11 bound traffic at Braddell Road. Motorists heading towards the CTE or Bishan Street 11 should continue using the existing Toa Payoh North flyover. This segregation of traffic travelling towards different destinations will help smoothen traffic along Braddell Road.
3. As part of the final traffic scheme, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will also construct centre dividers along some stretches of Braddell Road. These remaining at-grade road works can only be carried out after the flyover opening, and will be completed by end-June this year.
More information on road changes
4. With the new flyover’s opening, motorists are advised to plan their routes in advance and follow the traffic signs on site to help them navigate to their destinations. Please refer to the Annex for details of the new flyover and changes in the area’s road connections.
5. To familiarise motorists with the new road network, LTA is producing a series of three videos showing the different routes they can take when travelling in the area. The videos will be available soon on LTA’s website (www.lta.gov.sg) and YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/LTAsingapore).
6. The public can also refer to maps that will be published in the newspapers before the opening of the new flyover.