- MyHSR Corporation Sdn Bhd (‘MyHSR’) of Malaysia and Land Transport Authority of Singapore (‘LTA’) will jointly conduct an Industry Briefing in July in preparation for the assets company (‘AssetsCo’) tender for the Kuala Lumpur – Singapore High Speed Rail (‘HSR’) project.
- The Industry Briefing is expected to attract the participation of regional and global entities, which are interested to participate in the project’s AssetsCo tender, to be called by the end of this year. The AssetsCo will be responsible for designing, building, financing and maintaining all rolling stock, as well as designing, building, financing, operating and maintaining all rail assets (e.g. track-work, power, signalling and telecommunications). It will also coordinate the system’s network capacity for operations and maintenance needs.
- The Industry Briefing, will be open to all qualified entities and will serve as a platform for MyHSR and LTA to share key features of the HSR project, as well as indicative AssetsCo tender parameters and technical specifications. It will also provide an opportunity for a dialogue between MyHSR, LTA and the industry.
- In a joint statement, MyHSR CEO Mr Mohd Nur Ismal Mohamed Kamal and LTA Chief Executive Mr Ngien Hoon Ping said: “This Industry Briefing marks yet another milestone in our HSR journey. Since the Bilateral Agreement was signed last December, we have received indications of strong market interest in this project. We hope to receive strong interest for this Industry Briefing too. In line with the exercise conducted for the Joint Request for Information in December 2015, we believe in interacting with the industry, to allow for a well-informed and successful competitive AssetsCo tender, which will be conducted in an open, fair and transparent manner.”
- Interested parties can visit MyHSR website (www.myhsr.com.my) or LTA website (https://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/featured-projects/hsr.html) for more information on registration for the Industry Briefing.
About the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR
The Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR is a strategic project between the Governments of Malaysia and Singapore that aims to facilitate seamless travel between Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, enhance business linkages and bring the peoples of both countries closer together. The Governments of both countries signed a Bilateral Agreement on 13 December 2016, which captured the key points of agreement on the project, including the technical parameters, commercial model, customs, immigration and quarantine clearance, safety and security matters, regulatory structure and project management approach.
MyHSR is a company incorporated in 2015, wholly owned by the Minister of Finance Incorporated. As the Government of Malaysia’s project delivery vehicle for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR project, MyHSR is responsible for the development and implementation of the project.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is a statutory board under the Ministry of Transport of Singapore. The HSR Group within LTA is responsible for the engineering design development and implementation of the project, working closely with relevant agencies in both Singapore and Malaysia.