The Bukit Panjang Integrated Transport Hub (ITH) will open on Monday, 4 September 2017.
2. The Bukit Panjang ITH will be the ninth completed integrated transport hub in Singapore. In addition to greater convenience for commuters with seamless transfers between the new air-conditioned bus interchange and the Bukit Panjang MRT and LRT stations, commuters using the new Bukit Panjang ITH can expect new features to enhance their overall journey experience. The new ITH will also feature several technological innovations to improve workplace safety, for example, a traffic management system to detect and increase bus captains’ visual awareness of bus movements within the bus parking area.
First ITH operated by SMRT Buses
3. The Bukit Panjang ITH is the first integrated transport hub operated by SMRT Buses, who has invested significantly to ensure a positive travelling experience for commuters using the new ITH. The BPITH will take on a different look and feel, with its design and function planned around three key themes: Commuter Centricity, Workforce Oriented and Community Bonding. Please refer to the Annex for a summary of new features at Bukit Panjang ITH.
Facilitating a More Inclusive Public Transport System
4. The Bukit Panjang ITH is fully equipped with barrier-free facilities which makes it convenient to take public transport, especially for commuters with mobility issues as well as commuters travelling with young children and prams. For example, graduated kerb edges are installed at all boarding berths to facilitate boarding of buses by passengers in wheelchairs. Bus berths and lifts have also been braille-equipped for the visually impaired.
5. Priority queues and accompanying seats will also be demarcated for seniors, less mobile and expectant mothers to rest and wait at, so that they can be accorded priority boarding for their buses.
6. All new and upcoming ITHs and Bus Interchanges developed from 2014 are also designed with standalone nursing rooms which comes with diaper changing amenities and a wash basin.
Annex: New features at Bukit Panjang ITH
 The eight existing ITHs are at Toa Payoh (2002), Sengkang (2003), Ang Mo Kio (2007), Boon Lay (2009), Serangoon (2011), Clementi (2011), Bedok (2014) and Joo Koon (2015).