Preview DTL3’s 16 Stations at the Open House on 15 October
The newest addition to Singapore’s rail network, the Downtown Line 3 (DTL3), will open on 21 October 2017 (Saturday). To celebrate this milestone and encourage commuters to explore the DTL3, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) is offering commuters free travel for journeys between all stations of the Downtown Line (DTL) on 21 and 22 October 2017.
Free Travel for All on Downtown Line
2. Passengers starting and ending their journeys at any of the 34 DTL stations, i.e. along DTL1, 2 and 3, will enjoy free travel on 21 and 22 October 2017. Passengers will still tap in and tap out as per normal at any fare gate, but no fare will be deducted.
Arrangements for Transfers at DTL Interchange Stations
3. Commuters transferring to or from another line at most interchange stations (Bugis and Expo stations on the East-West Line; Chinatown and Little India stations on the North East Line; and Bayfront, Botanic Gardens, MacPherson and Promenade stations on the Circle Line) can tap out and then in again, to enjoy free travel for the DTL leg.
Dedicated Fare Gates for Transfer Passengers at Bukit Panjang, Newton and Tampines Stations
4. Special arrangements have been made for passengers transferring at Bukit Panjang, Newton and Tampines stations, which differ from regular interchange stations, as passengers have to pass through a public area outside the fare gates to change lines. When transferring between lines, commuters can use any fare gate to tap out but should use the dedicated fare gates to tap in so as to enjoy free travel on DTL. There will be signage and posters at these three stations to direct commuters. Commuters who need further assistance can also approach station staff who will be deployed at interchange stations to assist commuters (please see Annex for details).
Preview of DTL3 on 15 October 2017
5. There will be a DTL3 Open House on 15 October 2017, Sunday, to give commuters and their families a free preview of the DTL3’s 16 new stations. Themed “Rail of Fun”, everyone can enjoy the fun-filled activities at the stations stretching from Fort Canning Station to Expo Station, from 10am to 6pm.
6. Relive your childhood memories and games along the 16 stations. Have fun with board games and activities from old Singapore, while experiencing the convenience and comfort of DTL3. To round off what will be a fun-filled Sunday, drop by the Knackstop booths at Fort Canning and Tampines stations to pick up creative souvenirs inspired by trains and buses.
Get up close with celebrities
7. Cosy up to your favourite celebrities at the Open House who will share fun facts about the new stations. Take a ride along the DTL3 and you could just bump into celebrities like Alaric Tay, Carla Dunareanu, Chua Enlai, Irene Ang, Kelly Latimer, Najib Ali, Tosh Zhang and Wang Weiliang.
Join us for an unforgettable musical adventure with the Thoughtful Bunch
8. The lovable Thoughtful Bunch will also be joining us at the DTL3 Open House! Groove along with the catchy tunes of the Thoughtfulness Musical and learn how to be gracious on public transport in a fun and interactive manner. You can also get up close and personal with Stand-Up Stacey, Move-In Martin, Give-Way Glenda, Bag-Down Benny and Hush-Hush Hannah during their Meet-and-Greet Sessions too! There’s more: Share a message of graciousness with your friends and you get your very own Thoughtful Character mini figurine!
Attractive Prizes to be Won
9. Stand to win attractive prizes when you take part in our DTL3 Open House Instagram Contest. Simply share your best Open House moments with us via the hashtag #DTL3OpenHouse on Instagram to win.
10. For the latest updates on the DTL3 Open House, do follow LTA Singapore on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/wekeepyourworldmoving), Instagram (@LTAsg) and Twitter (@LTAsg).
About Downtown Line 3
The 21km DTL3 comprises 16 stations and starts at Fort Canning station, serving residents and businesses in the MacPherson, Kaki Bukit, Bedok Reservoir and Tampines areas, before ending at Expo station. It will enhance rail connectivity between the eastern corridor, the Central Business District and developments in the Marina Bay area. With three interchange stations at MacPherson, Tampines and Expo, it will also connect commuters to the Circle Line and East-West Line.