Circle Line complete with 28 stations
1. The final 12 stations of the Circle Line (CCL), running from Marymount to HarbourFront, will open for passenger service on Saturday 8 October.
2. Five CCL stations from Marymount to Bartley were opened to the public in May 2009 and 11 CCL stations from Dhoby Ghaut to Bartley were opened in April 2010.
3. With the opening of the final 16.6km stretch comprising 12 stations, the CCL will be complete. The expected daily ridership for CCL is about 400,000.
Enhanced Connectivity and Greater Time Savings
4 The CCL will enhance connectivity with the existing MRT lines and provide significant time savings for commuters. In all, there will be six interchange stations - HarbourFront, Buona Vista, Bishan, Serangoon, Paya Lebar and Dhoby Ghaut - intersecting with stations on the East West, North South and North East Lines when the final stretch opens in October.
5. Commuters travelling from Bishan to Buona Vista will only take 26 minutes on the Circle Line compared to the current 40 minutes on the North South and East West Lines. (Please refer to Annex A for examples of travel time savings)
6. The 12 new stations - Caldecott, Botanic Gardens, Farrer Road, Holland Village, Buona Vista, one-north, Kent Ridge, Haw Par Villa, Pasir Panjang, Labrador Park, Telok Blangah and HarbourFront - will link Singaporeans and visitors to places such as the research and business hubs of one-north, the vibrant food and club scene in Holland Village, the lush greenery at Botanic Gardens, the old charm of Haw Par Villa and the linkway to Sentosa at HarbourFront.
Businesses Welcome New Line's Opening
7. Adam Ng, 32, a photography studio manager in Holland Village who also lives in the vicinity is eagerly looking forward to the opening of the new Holland Village station. "The new station being right in the heart of Holland Village will make this place even more accessible and bring in the crowds. I believe business around here will go up with the increase in human traffic. Even though I walk to work as I stay nearby, I will definitely be taking the train when I travel elsewhere after work with this new station right at the doorsteps of my shop."