1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) honoured the best in Singapore's land transport industry at the third biennial Land Transport Excellence Awards (LTEA), held this evening at Swissotel The Stamford.
2. 23 individuals and organisations were honoured at the awards ceremony across 19 categories. In all, this year the LTEA attracted 115 entries from both corporations and individuals across various sectors of the land transport industry.
3. Of the 19 categories, six are new to this year's edition of the LTEA - the Best Managed E&M Systems Project Partner, the Safety Excellence for Land Transport Development (Major Projects), the Most Service-Oriented Individual (Public Transport), Best Collaboration Partner, Best System Delivery Partner and the Transport Thought Leader.
4. This year, the Friend of LTA award goes out to a group instead of an individual. The SGTrains Trainspotters is an informal group of students who are passionate about land transport, in particular about the train network. They have been active participants of the "Friends of LTA" programme, often providing keen observations on the train network to LTA and the transport operators. They have also participated in various LTA activities, from focus group discussions, dialogues with the Minister and visits to rail construction and new station sites where they pro-actively offer their opinions, observations and ideas.
5. Proceeds from the evening's gala awards ceremony also went to the LTA Cares Fund, which reaches out to the financially and physically disadvantaged to help them with their daily transport needs. In total, $200,000 was raised this year. Since 2007, LTA, together with the partners and staff, have contributed S$750,000 for the LTA Cares Fund.
6. For the full list of Award Categories and Winners, please refer to Annex A.
About the Land Transport Excellence Awards (LTEA)
The biennial Land Transport Excellence Awards (LTEA) was inaugurated in 2008 by the Land Transport Authority to recognise industry partners and individuals who have made significant contributions to Singapore land transport.
Award recipients represent the best in their respective fields of expertise and help set new benchmarks for the industry. In the long-term, LTEA will help create a strong Singapore brand for industry players. It is also a platform to showcase the best practices in the land transport industry.