1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is pleased to announce the award of three contracts to upgrade existing CCTVs in MRT stations along the North-South-East-West (NSEW) Line and North-East Line (NEL).
Contract 1319A and Contract 1319B
2. Contract 1319A has been awarded to Thales Security Asia Pte Ltd. The $11.6 million contract is for the supply and installation of CCTV cameras at the MRT stations of the North-South-East-West (NSEW) Lines.
3. Thales Security Asia Pte Ltd had previously worked with LTA on the Integrated Supervisory Control System (North-East Line) as well as other electrical and mechanical systems in earlier transit projects. Thales has also implemented similar CCTV systems in France.
4. Contract 1319B has been awarded to O'Connor's Singapore Pte Ltd. The $11.9 million contract is for the expansion and modification of the existing back-end systems to record and store images captured by the CCTV cameras installed in MRT stations of the North-South-East-West (NSEW) Lines.
5. O'Connor's Singapore Pte Ltd is an established system integrator for security and surveillance system. They have implemented CCTV systems for commercial buildings, airports, mass rapid transit systems, government complexes both locally and overseas.
6. Work for both C1319A and C1319B will commence in September 2008 and are expected to be completed in mid-2011.
7. This contract is for the supply and installation of CCTV cameras and associated back-end systems CCTV enhancement works for NEL stations. The approximately $5.5 million contract has been awarded to Advantech Peripherals (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
8. Advantech Peripherals (Singapore) Pte Ltd is an established player in the local CCTV market and had implemented CCTV systems for SMRT and SBST buses and schools (Primary, Secondary and JCs) across Singapore, etc.
9. Work for C7069 will commence in September 2008 and is expected to be completed in mid-2010.
Enhancing Security in MRT Stations Against Acts of Terrorism
10. Commuter safety is of utmost importance as we strive to keep the stations safe. These enhancements are part of the measures highlighted in the Land Transport Master Plan to improve security in and around the MRT stations.
11. The installation work will be conducted at the stations during non-revenue hours to minimise inconvenience to commuters.