1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is pleased to announce the award of Contract 902 for civil works for Downtown Line 1 (DTL1) to Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co Ltd.
Scope Of Contract
2. The approximately $231.9 million contract is for the design, construction and completion of DTL1 Promenade Station and its associated tunnels up to the contract boundaries with Contract 905 (Tunnel between Promenade Station and Marina Bay) and Contract 903 (DTL1 Bugis Station and tunnels).
3. The DTL1 Promenade Station is adjacent to the existing Circle Line (CCL) Promenade station and will be constructed below the CCL Promenade station.
4. The 600m long tunnels will be constructed using bored tunnelling method from a launching shaft adjacent to Rochor Flyover.
5. To facilitate the construction of the station, Temasek Avenue will be diverted in stages in accordance with the sequence of construction.
The Downtown Line 1
6. When completed, DTL1 will be a 4.3km fully underground rail transit system with six stations that will connect the East-West Line (EWL) Bugis station to the North-East Line (NEL) Chinatown station.
7. Construction on the DTL1 C902 is scheduled to commence in the last quarter of 2008 and is targeted to complete in 2013.
About The Contractor
8. Shanghai Tunnel Engineering Co Ltd is a major civil engineering contractor from China. They are involved in bored tunnelling work on Circle Line 1, 3, 4 and 5 projects.
9. Please refer to the attached map for the location of DTL1 Promenade Station and tunnels.