1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is pleased to announce the award of Contract 903 for Downtown Line 1 (DTL1) civil works to Soletanche Bachy Koh Brothers Joint Venture.
Scope Of Contract
2. The approximately S$582 million contract is for the construction and completion of DTL1 Bugis Station and its associated tunnels up to the contract boundaries with Contract 902 (Promenade Station and associated tunnels) and Downtown Line Stage 2.
3. Bugis Station will be an interchange station serving the existing East West Line and the new DTL1.
4. The DTL1 Bugis Station is linked to the existing East West Line Bugis Station by the paid and unpaid link at the station mezzanine and concourse levels. (Please refer to the artist s impression of DTL1 Bugis Station.)
5. Construction on the C903 is scheduled to commence in first quarter of 2009 and is targeted to complete in 2013.
6. To facilitate the construction of the station and tunnels, Rochor Road will be diverted in stages in accordance with the sequence of construction.
The Downtown Line 1
7. The Downtown Line Stage 1 (DTL1) will be a 4.3km fully underground rapid transit system with six stations. It will run from Bugis Station on the East-West Line (EWL) to Chinatown Station on the North East Line (NEL). The six stations on DTL1 are Bugis, Promenade, Bayfront, Landmark, Cross Street and Chinatown. (Please refer to the attached map for the location of DTL1 Bugis Station and tunnels.)
8. Commuters will have more transport choices in the city as the DTL 1 will serve existing and upcoming developments in the Marina Bay area, including One Raffles Quay, The Sail @ Marina Bay, Marina ina ina Bay Sands Integrated Resorts and the Marina Bay Financial Centre.
About The Contractor
9. Soletanche Bachy is a major civil engineering contractor from France. They are involved in DTL1 Cross Street station and as a specialist diaphragm wall contractor in DTL1 Bayfront station and Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort. Koh Brothers is a local civil engineering contractor and is involved in URA s Combined Services Tunnel project and PUB s Marina Barrage.