1. As part of the Central Expressway (CTE) widening works, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be relocating three Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) gantries along the CTE.
2. These gantries will be relocated to facilitate road widening works that will be carried out in phases along the CTE. As with all other ERP relocation, the relocated gantries will only come into operation after the existing gantry has been decommissioned. Other than the physical relocation of gantries, motorists will not see any change to the ERP charges.
Relocation of Gantry along Northbound CTE
3. For the gantry along CTE (northbound) between Pan-Island Expressway (PIE) and Braddell Road, which operates from 6pm to 8pm on weekdays, it will be relocated to two locations onto the slip road from PIE into CTE (northbound) and about 300m upstream along CTE (northbound) from the current gantry.
4. The need to relocate the current gantry is due to a flyover parallel to the CTE that will be constructed at that location. As the relocated position of the gantry spans across the main CTE and another flyover, it will be broken up into two gantries situated alongside each other. Motorists will continue to pay the same prevailing ERP charges as they would today.
5. Works to install the columns for the relocated gantries will start from 19 February 2010 onwards. The switchover to the two new gantries is expected to take place by May 2010.
Relocation of Gantry along Southbound CTE
Between PIE and Braddell Road
6. For the gantry along CTE (southbound) between PIE and Braddell Road, it will be relocated to about 300m downstream from the current gantry. The relocation works and switchover of the gantry is expected to be completed in third quarter 2010.
Between Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 and Braddell Road
7. The gantry along CTE (southbound) between Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1 and Braddell Road will be relocated to about 800m downstream from the current gantry. The relocation works and switchover is expected to be completed in end 2010. Motorists will continue to pay the same prevailing ERP charges as they would today.
8. Please refer to Annex A for the location of the relocated gantries. Should motorists have any query, they can contact the LTA hotline at 1800-CALL LTA.