1. The Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be reversing the traffic direction along stretches of Clive Street, Kampong Kapor Road and Verdun Road with effect from 6am on Wednesday, 13 May 2009.
2. The reversal of traffic flow along these selected stretches will improve traffic flow in the Little India area, as vehicular traffic will be able to use Clive Street, Kampong Kapor Road and Verdun Road as a thoroughfare to travel from Sungei Road to Kitchener Road. This new thoroughfare will serve as an alternative to Serangoon Road.
3. For motorists travelling to areas within Little India, this traffic reversal will also give them the additional option of using the new thoroughfare to get to their destination without having to pass through Serangoon Road before turning to their destinations.
4. Please refer to Annex A for the plan showing the location of the affected roads.
5. New traffic signs will be put up and road markings will be redrawn at all the affected road junctions, side and main roads to inform motorists of the change.
6. After the traffic reversal, motorists will no longer be able to turn into Verdun Road from Kitchener Road. Motorists travelling along Kitchener Road heading for Verdun Road are advised to use alternative routes via Jalan Besar instead. In addition, motorists will no longer be able to turn left into Perak Road from Sungei Road. They are advised to use Clive Street and Dickson Road instead to access Perak Road.